Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
it just speaks for his quality if he can do this poo poo consistently when the backs loving disappear outright for the first half. He shouldn't have to, but he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

die in a south american drug fire.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lahms a little bitchboy and so i ozil woildnt be surprised if theyre going out for ice cream or some weird poo poo like that after the game

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Wendigee posted:

die in a south american drug fire.

you did quote me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dkj posted:

I feel like gently caress Belgium.

Upvote if I've been helpful please.

I can't find the upvote button

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Bier Pokal Bier Bier Pokal

still doing huge lols at the mert

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Mesut Ozil

Um, lose zit.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Mash posted:

I think the first 90 minutes of that game was the perfect example of how goalless games can be incredibly entertaining. I loved that.

I thought that too. My wife was even enjoying watching, she really got a kick out of the Mexican color guy repeating Shveinshteiger like something out of Young Frankenstein. It was a great match, except I thought the ref was against Alg, I really did.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Die Mannshaft

poo poo Faced Mann

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'd like to ask again.

How likely is Jozy to start tomorrow, since he is now uninjured?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
why is everyone obsessed with this Jozy fella that hasn't played sine the start of the world cup?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Agrajag posted:

why is everyone obsessed with this Jozy fella that hasn't played sine the start of the world cup?

hes real good at football we all cant wait to see him play

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Agrajag posted:

He was injured. He is one of the best players for the US (?).

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

I'd like to ask again.

How likely is Jozy to start tomorrow, since he is now uninjured?

Pity reply:

he was granted a "playable" rating for tomorrow. he ran with the team this practice. If he plays or not is up to him and Klinsmann I guess

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/06/20/national-post-editorial-board-in-celebration-of-joe-fletcher-canadian-soccer-icon/

Today's France-Nigeria match brought to you by Canadian soccer icon, assistant referee Joe Fletcher

quote:

Given the dodgy nature of the soccer world, it must be nice for people on both teams to know that a straight shooter such as Joe, an accredited accountant from one of the least corrupt nations in the world, is patrolling the sidelines.

Uhuh.

quote:

Joe provides services to local Canadian Tire Dealers. He also “has extensive knowledge of Canadian Tire Store operations.”

Oh yeah?

quote:

Like most Canadians, Joe is not a flashy guy. No matter how many great calls he makes at the World Cup, you will never see him remove his shirt, or dance.

:canada:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

Bier Pokal Bier Bier Pokal

still doing huge lols at the mert

lol yeah that was the absolute best. Top, top banter. I love him, OP

Also someone please repost the gif of THAT Müller freekick, or gif it if it hasn't been already and then post it

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I hope Jozy plays because even though he isn't very good his presence allows Dempsey to play in a role better suited to him and that means a lot I think and also Jozy isn't that bad at holding up play and winning free kicks so that's not nothing I guess.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

lmao 5ever

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pand posted:

lmao 5ever

lmao wir sind die besten. you can't see it in this angle but i LOVED the look on kroos' face lmao

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Pand posted:

lmao 5ever

I saw this. Can someone explain it to me? I was bewildered.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Like, did he just miss? Was it a clever ruse?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Like, did he just miss? Was it a clever ruse?

I thought it was a clever ruse but then nothing really happened so

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Jam Band Death Cult posted:

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/06/20/national-post-editorial-board-in-celebration-of-joe-fletcher-canadian-soccer-icon/

Today's France-Nigeria match brought to you by Canadian soccer icon, assistant referee Joe Fletcher

Uhuh.

Oh yeah?

:canada:

I let out a good laugh here.

quote:

Joe Fletcher isn’t competing in the World Cup. He’s a linesman. And that carries important responsibilities. In soccer, a linesman decides when a ball is out of bounds, and determines whether the exit path of the ball warrants a throw-in or a more high-stakes corner kick.

Is this a Canadian troll article? Jesus this is brilliant.

quote:

More contentiously, a linesman also has to determine when an offensive player is offside. This is not like hockey, where any minimum wage rent-a-ref can just keep his eye on the blue line and blow or not blow his whistle accordingly: In soccer, a player is deemed offside if he is standing in the opponent’s side of the field, advanced further than both the ball and the last defending non-goalie player, when the ball is kicked to him.

The rule is manifestly un-Canadian and frankly wrong. It sounds like something made up on a playground to prevent cherry-picking. Nevertheless it is all too real, and it is hard to adjudicate. Offside calls are some of the trickiest and most controversial in the game. Indeed, the 2014 World Cup finals already have witnessed several vigorously disputed offside calls that have affected game scores. As in many areas of soccer, allegations of bias and even match-fixing fly thick and fast.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 1, 2014

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

You know how Müller always looks like he's tripping over his gangly-rear end appendages and then he scores all the goals? Sometimes he doesn't just look like that, and also scores none of the goals

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It was done on purpose to make the Algerian defense relax for a moment, thus leaving an opening for Mueller to squeak through. The through ball wasn't good, so the opportunity got wasted.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

The GMNT got on that stumbletech. RIP lesser teams

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
64 pages and not one Neuer gif. I know what is wrong in this world.

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

I let out a good laugh here.

Is this a Canadian troll article? Jesus this is brilliant.

quote:

But for those who know he’s there, his presence on the Wold Cup[sic] sidelines provides a potent symbol of Canada’s defining qualities: honesty, incorruptibility, a penchant for following rules, and a healthy respect for life’s “boundaries.” Even when Canadians cannot usefully compete in a given sport — or, as global citizens, choose en masse to compete for other nations — out reputation as honest brokers in world affairs makes us the perfect sporting adjudicators.

In these very Canadian ways, we are all Joe Fletcher. When he raises his offside flag, he raises a nation as well.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Here they are:

http://gfycat.com/DimwittedNaturalElectriceel

http://gfycat.com/ConfusedImprobableCheetah

http://gfycat.com/QuarrelsomeEnormousEyelashpitviper

http://gfycat.com/DelayedHighlevelClam

http://gfycat.com/AlertCoordinatedEyra

http://gfycat.com/BowedRequiredCrocodile

http://gfycat.com/BeautifulWavyAphid

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Also Neuer's heat map :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Great article.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Wendigee posted:

Pity reply:

he was granted a "playable" rating for tomorrow. he ran with the team this practice. If he plays or not is up to him and Klinsmann I guess

This implies that Jozy is ever unplayable, which is about as close to a zero-probability event as anything in this universe.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Alright, I am laughing pretty hard. Is this for real or some Canadians gag website?

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

Also Neuer's heat map :stare:

good center back imo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Neuer owns, M'Bolhi owns.

It is incredible that such a high scoring world cup has been a cup of great keepers at the same time!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Anybody know a way to watch the semifinals on Univision once they lock things, unless you confirm you use specific cable providers (not Comcast)?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
im still laughing

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

loving hell he so drat good but so insane, no wonder he says Jens Lehmann is his role model.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I can't wait for him to mistime one of those in the France game and pick up a red card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

Alright, I am laughing pretty hard. Is this for real or some Canadians gag website?

Both but it's not satire

• Locked thread