Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

good game, both goalies loving ruled. love neuer being mental, love m'bolhi being world class between the posts

algeria had heart, too bad they gotta go

e: actually, with those two goalies, penalties would have been awesome. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dkj posted:

I thought it was a clever ruse but then nothing really happened so

there's no way it was a clever ruse. for one they did this exact type of 'run over ball WITHOUT tripping like a moron' constantly this tournament. And once this mockery of a free kick ended, there was a coach reaction shot and Low was utterly furious at his players, like they failed at every single part of that free kick.

Which they did.

M'Bolhi is motm. I'm glad of it

quote:

Some 20 years ago, there was this Colombian keeper who was even crazier than Neuer, executing free kicks at the enemy box then running back. I can't remember his name though, are there some youtubes of his craziest moments?

Crazy goalies are the best. Higuita, Campos, Ceni all have scored multiple goals in their careers. There's a couple crazy goalies in the highest of echelons as well, like Chilavert (who was the best keeper in the world in his time and also scored 8 goals in 74 international appearances - that's good for an outfield player)! He was the first goalkeeper to take a direct free kick on the goal in the WC (almost scored). Scored a hat-trick once! In addition to being so good, he was balls-out crazy, like claiming a Paraguay-Brazil match in which he got suspended for disorderly conduct was like a war because Brazil needs to return land to Paraguay. Schmeichel was a fantastic goalie who often scored headers in the last minutes. I'm still waiting for Neuer's goal - only then will he be truly legendary.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 1, 2014

• Locked thread