Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hello and welcome to the rewritten MATCHDAY THREAD! Today we'll have two tasty games, pitting Europe against Africa. And Europe will win.

Today's first game is France vs. Nigeria.

France have gad a great World Cup and they are shaping up to be one of the contenders to win everything, a sharp contrast to how they looked before the cup. Deschamps has successfully capitalized on the team's strengths, and the victories against Honduras and Switzerland have given the team a tremendous moral boost. Valbuena's had a great cup, and Pogba has done a good job in the midfield. While some of you may still remember the 0-0 tie against Ecuador, the prospect of France playing like that is not really high, as they tried an alternative formation and attack. France will probably play like they did against Switzerland, with probably the following lineup: Lloris, Debuchy, Varane, Koscielny, Evra, Pogba/Sissoko, Cabaye, Matuidi, Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann/Giroud.
Nigeria, on the other hand, have been pretty bad. Enyeama has been their best player so far. The game against Argentina did show they can score goals, but I don't see them going through this game. That's it. Their lineup will probably be: Enyeama, Ambrose, Yobo, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Onazi, Obi Mikel, Musa, Odemwingie, Moses, Emenike.

The second game of the day will be Germany vs. Algeria

Germany are a strong team and Algeria are not. There won't be an upset. Algeria are holding on to the memory of 1982, but that won't be enough to stop Müller from scoring. Sure, the Algerians play a defensive game and will be able to contain some of the German attacks, but they won't have a big chance to succeed in the attack. If you're thinking Ramadan will affect the Algerian players though, you're silly, as it's been kept as a private matter and they can still eat through the night (by the way, the French players are postponing their Ramadan).
The German lineup will probably be Neuer, J. Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Höwedes, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Özil, Müller, Götze.
The Algerian lineup will probably be: M'Bolhi, Mandi, Bougherra, Halliche, Mesbah, Medjani, Bentaleb, Feghouli, Brahimi, Djabou, Slimani.

The round of 16 so far:

That's it. Go ahead. Play the posting game and enjoy the football. It's football. It's the World Cup. And what a World Cup.

Paris will count with 25000 policemen to control riots after both football games. Let's hope the World Cup mods can do the same for this MDT.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Chris de Sperg posted:

All France's good players are on Ramadantech and Nigeria is strong, united, sensual. Mark it down - Nigeria to win 2-0 off Odemwingie's only touch of the game and Emenike physically and psychologically dominating Varane so hard all the way to the basket that he'll make like Frederic Weis.

they are not on Ramadan you idiot, they're postponing it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Chris de Sperg posted:

All my Muslim friends are Facebooking and tweeting and such about Ramadan starting now I think Ramadan is definitely going ahead tbh it's not like an amateur theatre production

You can postpone Ramadan if you are sick, traveling or forced to work hard and some of the French players will most likely start after this game or who knows when

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
the Nigerians have also a number of Muslim players in the team

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

tbp posted:

اليوم هو اليوم الأول من أجل مسلم جديد! ونحن سوف سحق الملاعين الخنازير في لعبتهم. تحيا الجزائر والموت للغرب! كما اسمحوا لي كذلك أن ملاحظه جوزي هو الأبله الدهون وأنا أكرهه.

he is

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

manchego posted:

religion is loving stupid

*tips fedora*

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The only people who think France will lose are self-loathing banlieue residents. Not even Nigerians think it will happen.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Kurtofan posted:

I wonder South Korea ever did to Algeria

k-pop

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

PostNouveau posted:

Why would you root for the imperialists over the Africans? Come on, Nigeria, let's break the hearts of some colonialists.

yeah lets better root for the magical nigroes

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
hausa nigerians are war criminals and racists

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

PostNouveau posted:

Nice series by Nigeria there

i think you'll find nigeria are better known for their vibrant low budget film market

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
never a goal

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
phwoar that would've been amazing

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Eau de MacGowan posted:

remember when united got rid of pogba in favour cleverley

i always laugh irl thinking about this

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Agrajag posted:

Nice save Nigeria

he has a name you racist

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Chris de Sperg posted:

i find it extremely hard to believe that valbuena isn't a literal dwarf by the technical definition tbh, loving look at him

he's really good and his size gives him an advantage against slow defenders

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Shrapnig posted:

Not a loving chance.

he just has weird proportions because of his huge head

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Agrajag posted:

hardly, i would have said nice save France if it were the French side who made the save. :colbert:

thats racism, please don't

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Chris de Sperg posted:

if valbuena is 5'6" then call the nba because i'm a legit 7-footer

i called them, they said your chin is too big

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

France should play Remy or Griezmann instead of giroud imo

no, this is not the right call atm. If Giroud leaves then Benzema has to take that spot and he's even worse playing there

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Agrajag posted:

When did FIFA allow children play on the national teams?

its a way to balance the numbers with the senile african players

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

well play remy in the middle instead of giroud then

remy is atrocious

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Chris de Sperg posted:

i hear they dropped sakho because valbuena got too upset and tried to start a fight with him whenever they were left alone in a room

he;s just injured

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

i've not seen him play this world cup if he has

he played against ecuador for some 10 minutes and was pretty bad as usual

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Tortuga posted:

pogba is poo poo

gtfo retard

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

he was really good last season

not for france

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

julian assflange posted:

Debuchy is such a Northern Frenchman I bet he has a dope as gently caress Renault 19 with sick rims and mega tint windows

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Lessail posted:

mod here what up

world cup mod here, please do not impersonate the forums staff, tia

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'd like France to do better. I quite like France as a whole.

the smell of piss in the Parisian subway is an acquired taste

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Funky Koval posted:

This game is bad. France is bad. The people need to storm Bastille again.

their singles are all terrible imo

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

lol is this real? hahaha amazing

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

vyelkin posted:

fletcher conversing with the french player, probably in french :getin: O CANADA :canada:

québécois is horrible

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
pretty ugly foul, the boys in white will want to be more careful

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Dirk Pitt posted:

Hope Geiger isn't sent home for not giving that red. He's been a decent ref so far.

it favored france so he'll be fine

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
please discuss religion only in the context of this football game you retarded moron f*gs

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
i'm glad jozy is fit and will play, i wouldn't miss it for the world

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
ill laugh forever if jozy scores and the us eliminate blegum

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The Nigerians are imagining the French as Igbo. They want to hurt them and starve them off possession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Enyeama has been one of the best keepers during this World Cup, but the problem is that Deschamps is an idiot garbageman and has read the game too slowly to make effective changes

• Locked thread