Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'd like to re-paint the Midget at some point. I was considering the $50 paint job but it looks like a pain in the cock with so much sanding. I suppose even though it's a small car, it'll still be pretty expensive to have it painted professionally, right?

Any other recommendations for painting a tiny roadster? Something like 7/10 would be nice... from what I'm reading here, that means either hire a pro or bite the bullet and use proper spray tools?

95% of the finish appears to come from prep and sanding. Either do it yourself or pay someone else, but a decent job needs work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Powershift posted:

95% of a regular paint job is still prep and sanding.

That paint seems to be standing up well.

[url]http://www.rickwrench.com/index79master.htm?http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint-3years.html[/url]

Sorry, that's what I meant, 95% of any paint job is prep. And that looks good for 4 years with no special treatment.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If you care what it looks like you'll need to repaint the whole panel. Otherwise? Go nuts with a light sanding and spray cans of clear coat.

• Locked thread