Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here's what happens when you REALLY don't care about your paint. Rustoleum "Pumpkin Orange" paint, some spray-on and some roll-on. Done in three days with no sanding beforehand, except to feather the edges of the old peeling paint that were chipping off.

Before:

Day after:

(very noticeable spray lines, I re-sanded only the hood after seeing this photo)

A few weeks later. Only photos I took, for obvious reasons:

(remnants of buffing compound that won't come out from areas I really didn't sand or clean too well)

(still waiting on running boards)

(I'm still finding glass in places)

A few months after that:

I have a lot of nice things to say about "black ice" wash/wax in one soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even after doing a bunch of thin coats the paint I used was soft for like two or three months afterwards. It very noticeably hardened up as the summer came around, and that's when I waxed it.

• Locked thread