Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Here's a post about what NOT to do if you want people to be impressed by your paint job.

before-paint picture of my wrangler.

Krylon "camo" rattlecan tan.-

I would not suggest using this on a vehicle ever if you live somewhere that has moisture. In about half a year it bleached and then got covered in mold spots which dug in nicely on the porous paint.

Duplicolor fabric paint-

This stuff is actually pretty awesome for painting soft tops. the one pictured was extremely weathered grey. The camo pattern I pulled from a TM for painting an M151 "mutt" utility truck.

Tan Engine Enamel (duplicolor?)

This stuff worked so well in the engine bay that I used it for the exterior coating.

Here you can see the difference in colors.

The best part about a no-fucks-given paint job is that you don't have to give a gently caress. Even when you get rock damage or scrapes from trees.

The downside is everyone else can tell you didn't originally give a gently caress when you first painted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Herculiner is great. It's pretty much my interior.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Parts Kit posted:

Another thing for me to consider since the carpets in my truck are long past hosed. Ever have any issues with the cab floor getting too hot for comfort?

My wrangler's floor can get warm but I have rubber floor mats (also reduces wear on the bed liner).

• Locked thread