Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Where are you getting custom mix spraybombs from in AB? Eastwood won't ship anything aerosol to AB because our recycling laws are apparently somehow strange.

NAPA can mix them too, or at least the one near me can.

Just to add what has been said here. I did a motorcycle myself and it was a poo poo ton of work. Endless wet sanding and polishing to get it looking good. The end result was spectacular but I don't want to think about what doing a whole car would be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Motronic posted:

Depends on how much paint is on there. Rattle cans go on really light.

Wet sand/cut/buff would be the way to make it right but he very well may not have enough material on there to do that without blowing through.

When I did a rattle can job on my motorcycle I went through this. I ended up having to do rattle can for the colour and a two stage clear coat. After that and assloads of wet sanding and polishing everything was gravy.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

That's pretty much how it went on my motorcycle. Piles of basically dust coats, color and clear. I did color until fully covered and then as many clear coats as I had time in the day to do. Used acrylic enamel rattle cans (Rustoleum).

Looks like garbage before sanding:

Polishes up pretty well after wet sand 800-1500 grit, buff, and polish.

Sanding, buffing, and polishing took hours though. Just for those two pieces. It's labor intensive.

Mine took forever, mostly because I used an acrylic clear and then destroyed it with gas my first run. The two stage SprayMax rattle can clear is awesome and shined up wonderfully.

• Locked thread