Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Dunno why I haven't contributed yet!

Bought this Jeep last year and it pretty much looked like this:

I took all of that down back to a smooth finish with 180, 320, then 400 grit sandpaper, then laid down some primer:

I sanded the primer with 600 grit paper, then I used rattle can matched paint from https://www.automotivetouchup.com along with clear coat from the same and wound up with this:

Afterward I decided to wetsand and buff it out, but wound up wetsnading the clear right off :( Need to order a few cans to touch up and re-clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Powershift posted:

That's pretty drat good out of a rattle can. Are those the wheels off a newer wrangler? are they polished aluminum or aluminum with a plastic cap like so many manufacturers are doing these days.

Thanks! If you look close at the hood, you can see my spray pattern fore/aft. Now I know to avoid that when I go to fix the wetsanded clearcoat fiasco.

Yeah, they're 70th Anniversary wheels. 18x7s. Luckily, it has a full set of 5 and not a stock tiny wheel on the back! They are true deal aluminum. I love 'em and think they look great on the TJ.

EDIT: Here's what it looks like now:

Team140 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 27, 2015

• Locked thread