Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
After I confirm what (if anything) I need to do to update the state's records on my truck's color I think I'm just going to embrace the fact that it's an old beat rear end truck and camo it. The black tractor paint I already have can just be used on trim and poo poo.

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I have a garage. Let's assume I'm starting from scratch in the tools and experience department but I have lots of DIY experience and moderate artistic ability.
One thing to read up on is how many cubic feet per minute your spray gun will require at working pressure. It can take a pretty drat powerful compressor to keep up with a good paint gun and if it can't you'll find yourself having to wait for it to refill.

Plus side is a good compressor is handy as hell for other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Those look handy, but both listings also look like they are just for the sides, not the actual carport. Double check the descriptions.

I think for my truck once the more pressing issues are dealt with I'm going to just redo the thing with duplicolor deep blue. Not in a rattle can of course since I have a nice compressor and decent paint gun already.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Are there any of those canopy storage sheds that are of decent quality and not $300+? That would kinda be blowing out my budget by a good bit.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Decided to start primering my tailgate today, but then said gently caress it and just went ahead and used up the quart of primer I had on hand for most of the out parts of the bed. When I'm done the SE in B2000 SE will stand for "substandard effort." :getin:

Still can't decide if I want to just make it a lighter shade of blue or if I want to go full redneck and camo it. Since I'm going low effort already might as well do the latter I guess.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Man I really like that tan.

quote:

Cut out the rusty rocker metal, patched with new 18 guage and welded in 2x6 box steel. Can jack up the XJ from the rockers if needed now. Herculiner for coverage.
That's a really nice touch with the Herculiner, I may have to do that for my bumpers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Sandbagger SA posted:

Herculiner is great. It's pretty much my interior.
Another thing for me to consider since the carpets in my truck are long past hosed. Ever have any issues with the cab floor getting too hot for comfort?

• Locked thread