Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
News: It's July here and I'm just so excited for the following comprehensive list of NFL news items for this exciting month:

LIST!

• The- No, wait, that's August. Ugh.

• Some people get arrested for doing really dumb, preventable things.

• Training camps start ~7/24

[/list]

Views: Let's just get this lovely month over with as quickly as we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I don't want to wish summer away but well football cant get here soon enough folks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey uh, Jimmy Graham's verdict comes back on Thursday and then July 15th is the last day for Franchise players to sign long term contracts.

Yeah, that's it for the month.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
good weather and free time is hosed up and bullshit

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wheez the roux posted:

good weather and free time is hosed up and bullshit

Korean schools teach through July and it's monsoon season averaging 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 90-100% humidity. gently caress July. Still better than winter though.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
it's loving hot as balls here so skipping through the rest of summer sounds A-OK to me

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Eifert Posting posted:

Korean schools teach through July and it's monsoon season averaging 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 90-100% humidity. gently caress July. Still better than winter though.

winter owns, the colder the better :colbert:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
These last few post have been horrible...

I guess you guys don't enjoy laying around a huge body of water, in 90+ heat looking at beautiful women in undergarments, and drinking ice cold beer.

But yeah, for Football this month blows.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat kids lording their summer break. Ban them all I say.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Man and his dog posted:

These last few post have been horrible...

I guess you guys don't enjoy laying around a huge body of water, in 90+ heat looking at beautiful women in undergarments, and drinking ice cold beer.

But yeah, for Football this month blows.

I get this year round.

So Cal rules

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
What's with all the summer hate? I know football and all, but seriously, gently caress winter forever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Fall and winter have football, holidays, and football on holidays. Those are my favorite things.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

summer has my birthday and an endless parade of poo poo.

winter is mostly an endless parade of poo poo also but that's because i live in new jersey where they decided to stick all of the lovely weather all at once

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Last week, Cincinnati Bengal Sam Montgomery was arrested for speeding. His arresting officer has been suspended without pay for being an rear end in a top hat. http://deadspin.com/dashcam-footage-shows-nfler-arrested-for-speeding-bein-1598361069

quote:

Officer R.S. Salter: "You military?"

Montgomery: "Nope, NFL"

Salter: "NFL? You're under arrest"

"Do not move. Look away from me. Look away. Look away. Keep your feet together. Sir, if you cannot follow my commands, the next thing you're going to get is a tazer. Spread your feet," said Salter in the video.

"Whoa, I'm not causing any problems," said Montgomery.

Cops: the worst.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Atticus Finch posted:

Last week, Cincinnati Bengal Sam Montgomery was arrested for speeding. His arresting officer has been suspended without pay for being an rear end in a top hat. http://deadspin.com/dashcam-footage-shows-nfler-arrested-for-speeding-bein-1598361069

Cops: the worst.

You'd think the dashboard cam being there would make them less likely to openly abuse their power, but nope.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Boating fishing and almost dying

I'm not a fan of July. It's the same as march through May but stupid hot

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Boating fishing and almost dying

I'm not a fan of July. It's the same as march through May but stupid hot

I'm not Alaskan or living in the Pacific Northwest, gently caress July.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Summer rules, you guys are crazy! The pool, golf, the beach, girls in bikinis, vacation! Maybe if you fatties would lose some of your goony weight you could go outside and enjoy summer instead of bashing it on the internet :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shath Hole posted:

Summer rules, you guys are crazy! The pool, golf, the beach, girls in bikinis, vacation! Maybe if you fatties would lose some of your goony weight you could go outside and enjoy summer instead of bashing it on the internet :colbert:

Yeah for me it means standing around in 95-100 degree heat with near 100% humidity watching my kids run around aimlessly while I sweat into my shoes

gently caress summer

You too will one day no longer get summers off :mad:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Yeah for me it means standing around in 95-100 degree heat with near 100% humidity watching my kids run around aimlessly while I sweat into my shoes

gently caress summer

You too will one day no longer get summers off :mad:

Haha, I got three kids of my own :) My wife and I are outdoors people though and our kids are too. We spend a lot of time at the pool and doing outside poo poo because we are basically slaves to our homes during Chicago winters.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For me this month will be about watching Chad Ochocinco every week and seeing if he manages to ever catch a touchdown in Canada

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Tony Romo has given up golf due to his offseason back surgeries.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Summer is much more tolerable now that I don't live in North Carolina and it doesn't get :negative: hot as gently caress from mid April through late September.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Atlanta is hot and punishingly humid all summer long, golf is expensive, the beach is 6 hours away, like 5% of girls on a GA beach are hot, I work through the summer.

:cmon:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm on a boat twice a week thought the year usually so yeah I hate July

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta is hot and punishingly humid all summer long, golf is expensive, the beach is 6 hours away, like 5% of girls on a GA beach are hot, I work through the summer.

:cmon:

I don't think I have experienced a GA summer, but I have been in FL during August and it was completely loving miserable so I can only imagine it's about the same. There are days where Chicago gets in the 100's with 100% humidity which sucks, but Chicago summers are pretty great.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

I don't think I have experienced a GA summer, but I have been in FL during August and it was completely loving miserable so I can only imagine it's about the same. There are days where Chicago gets in the 100's with 100% humidity which sucks, but Chicago summers are pretty great.

Florida is worse than Georgia, but not much worse. At least in Florida you're never more than a couple of hours from a beach, and wind + shade can actually make the weather seem nice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shath Hole posted:

That's every summer day in Houston pretty much. The city was built in a swamp ffs

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Intruder posted:

That's every summer day in Houston pretty much. The city was built in a swamp ffs

Yeah, I've been here for 2 weeks and it's pretty brutal compared to NC

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is that where we are? "Heat and humidity suck" chat?

Also shouldnt 100% humidity be swimming in bathtub water?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

Also shouldnt 100% humidity be swimming in bathtub water?

This is thread involving the month of July, fair game.

In NFL related news, Patrick Peterson has a man-crush on Julio Jones: http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/06/30/peterson-jones-and-white-are-best-wr-tandem-in-nfl/

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 1, 2014

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Bort Bortles posted:

I tried Romo chat. I even tee'd up a "He should stick to Golf instead."

The offseason pull is too strong.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

On the one hand I have a pool. On the other hand doing cardio outside in north Texas really sucks right now and I'm mostly using a treadmill. I'm ambivalent about July.

Athanatos posted:

Tony Romo has given up golf due to his offseason back surgeries.

Move along people, nothing to see here

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

:negative: now we've resulted to punnery

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, try and keep this at least vaguely topical.

I know there's not much news, but you have Manziel hanging out with Bieber, that should keep everyone occupied for days.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

I tried with "cops suck" chat.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

@AdamSchefter posted:

49ers LB Aldon Smith will not face any charges after being arrested at LAX on April 13 for a fake bomb threat, per City Attorney's Office.

Of course he's not facing charges.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wow. Tony Romo quits at yet another thing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Justin Gilbert, Marqise Lee, Billy Turner, and :siren:Taylor Lewan:siren: are still unsigned. Gilbert says he doesn't know what the holdup is, so this is his Intro Course to Brownsing, I guess. And I appreciate summer much more now that I don't live five miles from the Ohio River, ugh, that sucked, NC summer is so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kalli posted:

Hey uh, Jimmy Graham's verdict comes back on Thursday and then July 15th is the last day for Franchise players to sign long term contracts.

Yeah, that's it for the month.

Josh Gordon's ruling is supposed to be out by the start of training camps, so there's that to look forward to as well.

• Locked thread