Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

xzzy posted:

There's not even anything interesting on reddit worth stealing links from.

Once Subban's arbitration is over, it's going to be a very long summer until hockey starts again. Hopefully some NHL player does something silly and moronic and posts it on Twitter. C'mon Seguin, it's only a matter of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

xzzy posted:

It always amuses me when people use "resign" in the context of giving a player a new contract. :v:

I hope Subban resigns.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

ThinkTank posted:

Miller and Lack, the saga never ends.

As the final super massive black holes begin to die off and the universe returns to a state of near zero entropy, the last sound heard before all energy is gone from the cosmos will be "maybe the Canucks should run with their backup for a few games and see what happens."

The wind of the timeless, infinite abyss howls looooouuuuuuu

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Pretty much off topic, but if you have a dog or cat or whatever, go give them a hug. They leave too early. RIP Mutt Cooke, AKA Dog Fan I AM DOG, AKA Dozer.

Hockey content, the Avs still haven't signed Barrie yet, or something.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

xzzy posted:

It always amuses me when people use "resign" in the context of giving a player a new contract. :v:

When the context is a two way deal for 750k for their sole + Corsi Rel player (+3) from their bottom six it might as well be

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

LumpyGumby posted:

Pretty much off topic, but if you have a dog or cat or whatever, go give them a hug. They leave too early. RIP Mutt Cooke, AKA Dog Fan I AM DOG, AKA Dozer.

Hockey content, the Avs still haven't signed Barrie yet, or something.

Mutt Cooke is delivering elbows in doggy heaven now :( I don't get to see my dog very often, but I spend most of my time with him whenever I can. Sorry for your loss man

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

LumpyGumby posted:

Mutt Cooke is hockey content and gently caress anyone who says otherwise. I'm so sorry, duder. Let's hope there's a Jason Pomeranianville in your future.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

xzzy posted:

I like to say "re-sign"

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Tomorrow's August, and the August thread is always the worst one :(

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

LumpyGumby posted:

That's real. RIP Mutt Cooke.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

LumpyGumby posted:

So sorry to hear, brother :( I found out a few weeks ago one of my ducks I left in MN got attacked and killed in the night. She was a sweetheart. This is never easy.

To add "hockey" content, it was Mabel who was killed so now Geno was left all to himself.

Kind of. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654059

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

LumpyGumby posted:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully whatever happened was quick. :(

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress the Calgary Flames Forever

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The Calgary Flames are pretty good at doing that to themselves.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Wayne Gretzky posted:

gently caress the Calgary Flames Forever

someone's got Gaudreau jealousy and you're stuck with Jordan 'retard mongoloid' Eberle

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
if Eberle is a retard mongoloid, what does that make Tay Tay

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm pretty sure Tay Tay is a literal neanderthal.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

LumpyGumby posted:

Pretty much off topic, but if you have a dog or cat or whatever, go give them a hug

sorry dude :(

i had four a year ago and now i have one to hug. theres pretty much no way to get used to it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Pens' bottom six is going to be leap years better this year simply because Tanner Glass is no longer on it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Subbans own.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/546681

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Hand Knit posted:

I wish I could make this the thread title.

July Vancouver Goalie Controversy N/V: STILL TALKING ABOUT IT

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Wait, who is Vancouver's goalie?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
IT BEGINS

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Shyfted One posted:

Wait, who is Vancouver's goalie?

That guy from Twitter, you know, Biznasty

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ginette Reno posted:

The Pens' bottom six is going to be leap years better this year simply because Tanner Glass is no longer on it.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP
I'm told (& source has confirmed) #Flyers goaltender Steve Mason broke pinky finger on his right hand playing ball hockey earlier this week

We finally have something to blame it on when he goes back to being Steve Mason

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Welp seasons over

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Flyers need to stop letting their players do things during the offseason

Just need to stay at home in a padded room

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

shyduck posted:

Welp seasons over

I heard Brodeur and Thomas are still looking for jobs.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Please please please.

I need to see Brodeur in a Flyers' jersey

e:
gently caress it - I need to see that tandem in Flyers' jerseys.
Platoon them!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

A certain astronomy aficionado is also currently unemployed.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
poo poo!

Does Vancouver still have any goalies available?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Shyfted One posted:

poo poo!

Does Vancouver still have any goalies available?

What would you give us for Ryan Miller?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Franks Happy Place posted:

What would you give us for Ryan Miller?
gently caress it, how much can we pay you to take Ryan Miller?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

HookShot posted:

gently caress it, how much can we pay you to take Ryan Miller?

Quiet, you fool! You'll queer the deal!

Ha ha, don't listen to my friend there, she's just kidding. But seriously, how does Coutourier for Miller sound?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Oh yeah, they did get Miller. I, honestly, completely forgot about that.

And Franks, you thought Kesler was worth Cooter and then some. Considering what Kesler got I think you need to come up with a more realistic trade proposal.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 1, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

sedative posted:

I'm told (& source has confirmed) #Flyers goaltender Steve Mason broke pinky finger on his right hand playing ball hockey earlier this week

:flyerscide:

The Ray Emery Experience Part 3

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

sedative posted:

When is Ray's hip gonna explode again? I want us to rush Anthony Stolarz to the NHL to ruin him too.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Shyfted One posted:

Oh yeah, they did get Miller. I, honestly, completely forgot about that.

And Franks, you thought Kesler was worth Cooter and then some. Considering what Kesler got I think you need to come up with a more realistic trade proposal.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

yellowcar posted:

A certain astronomy aficionado is also currently unemployed.

The Flyers paying Bryz buyout money and current contract money would be goddamned hilarious.

• Locked thread