Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whale Cancer posted:

Who else has the privilege of working tonight?

Nothing like starting off your shift with a stabbing. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

do we even have gypsies in america? I see tv shows about travellers in the UK but all they make me think of is trailer trash, so they would fit in pretty well in america.

I've seen a few intel bulletins posted in the squad room about traveling gypsies. They're usually involved in various types of thefts by deception and other fraud. Just looking at them though you wouldn't be able to tell if they were a gypsie or a carnie.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Yesterday on my 10 hour shift I went call to call for literally the whole shift. Not a single minute of normal patrol or self initiated activity. Haven't had a shift like that in years...

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

Lot of kids staying behind for summer classes or more or less the scenario of "all it takes is one person and an rear end in a top hat"?

I don't work for the campus PD anymore. :ssh:

It was mostly BS stuff, so I don't have any great stories, but it was nice to be tied up for a whole shift doing stuff that didn't involve sitting in a parking lot checking the Awful app.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Hezzy posted:

Yes, they are actually being investigated because of this incident and the media are spinning police brutality stories like they're going out of fashion.

There is not a :psyduck: big enough. I've seen people taken to the ground for far less than that here. In fact, what's being taught now is to respond to an active resister with immediate and overwhelming force to stop the fight before it starts. Usually that means a taser, but sometimes it means grab the neck and take them straight down to the ground.

"You are on the drugs, officer."

The Shep fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 15, 2014

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Why not just have 1 Federal police service

We fought a war to get away from the redcoats man. Separation of powers and all that. Also, if we had only a handful of police agencies in the country, it would be a lot harder for lovely cops to hop from department to department as they keep getting fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

I lolled

• Locked thread