Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
whip is the USPP announcement on USA jobs? I can't find anything my USAjobs-fu is lovely now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means
Thanks, PM sent.

edit: I know I'll get dog piled for this but there was a good 1/2 second I was gonna look over the app because it said San Francisco. I'm from the general area and my current job will virtually never let me get back to the west coast let alone CA but bleghhhhh paycut.

Homie S fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 1, 2014

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If you agreed to go to San Francisco they'd probably give you a blowjob on the spot. They're so desperate for bodies out there, no one wants to leave DC.

New hires are signing mobility agreements

I get it, even with COLA out there it's beyond pricy to live.

I've never not had to sign a mobility waiver. Are there many FLEO jobs where you don't?

DC just isn't for me. Which is (coincidentally) where work wants me at for my next gig :barf:

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Also you should come to DC. We can hang out until I leave and never look back.

Yea right! I was there for 9 months and found out you were in the sticks!

when I come back let me do a ride along

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

TCD posted:

At least you have a chance at getting jobs that are CONUS and not in DC.

There are a couple spots for you too! NY, Ft. Lauderdale for starters.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Thesoldier posted:

Im told no one messes with the police in Japan, I met an Officer from Tokyo and he said for minor offenses they give them the choice of a whack with a baton or going to court.

You're way better off taking the beating though. Conviction rates are astronomically high there.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The answer is always the FBI. gently caress those guys.

counterpoint: Bureau of Prisons

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

The Secret Service and Postal Inspectors I've worked with before were always completely legit. So were the NOAA and FWS agents. [/i].

What are NOAA dudes doing that isnt OIG related stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

They work for NOAA's Office of Law Enforcement. Think of them essentially as the USA's ocean, deep water, and fisheries conservation police. They also work inland too investigating violations of several federal wildlife and fisheries acts. In the mid-Atlantic they do a lot of Lacey Act and Fisheries Conservation Act investigations and violations.

Its actually a bit different because NOAA has two sets of LEOs. Some are "special agents" and some regular "officers". Think of the officers like federal uniformed conservation police and the special agents are your typical criminal investigative service, technically. Funny thing is they are so short on officers and agents that in one case you might have an "enforcement officer" doing a full on investigation and in another case a "special agent" riding in a patrol boat. That's the reason NOAA tries to get most state level conservation agencies on the ocean to have their officers cross deputized with NOAA enforcement powers.

huh, never knew about the OLE portion. I just saw something across my email about a NOAA OLE guy looking for leave donations cause he has cancer.

http://www.donationto.com/Pat-Flynn-Battles-Cancer

• Locked thread