Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

We do too but we have to buy them ourselves. I'm not doing it because I don't want to fork over a couple hundred for when I need a spare midweek from getting blood all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Are anyone elses "mental health professional's" as loving worthless as ours? The other night I responded to a call of a man with a gun in the yard ready to shoot himself. I get to the house and no poo poo he's in the backyard on his knees, hunched over deepthroating a 25 ACP. Me and 2 other guys hold him at gunpoint until I finally talk him into dropping the gun. We secure the weapon, cuff him up, take him into protective custody and put him in a holding cell until our "mental health professional" comes down to evaluate. Well the evaluation happened after I had already ended my shift and I find out later that they interview the guy and come to the conclusion that he "doesn't meet the criteria". What the gently caress. Apparently my officer's affidavits are useless now. I've taken in and seen them commit people who for sure weren't going to do poo poo and they let this guy walk.

At least he was a felon and I'm charging him with possession of a firearm AFC and possession of a firearm while intoxicated so he gets to go to the county jail.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

beanieson posted:

For most juvenile arrests the kids are simply booked, given a court date & released to the parents. Juvenile holding facilities are few & far between, we don't make that drive unless the kid is actually dangerous/harmed someone.

Edit: phone postin because the new firewall at work blocks the forums all of a sudden :(

That's the procedure here too. We arrest them, call the office of juvenile affairs to see what they want to do, 99% of the time they don't want them, and then we have their parents sign a promise to appear in court and then release them to their parents. Basically the kids here know nothing is happening besides a court date and they do whatever the hell they want. I will do anything I can not to arrest a juvi because sometimes we end up waiting hours before a parent can pick them up.

I really hate arresting kids for domestic A&B against a parent and I just tell the parents look, I hook this kid, we release him right back to you, you go to court and guess what, you end up paying all these court costs.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Who else has the privilege of working tonight?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

The Dutch carry some pretty monster batons. I don't even carry a baton on my person. I'd like to but they're just so drat akward.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I thought they have been classified as a gang for years?

I would still rather have my taser. The joy of lighting someone up is irreplaceable. Plus you can hit someone at 20 ft.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

That's incredible. Too bad it's euro gangs and not Compton gangland though.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Haha loving hotdish. One of our newer guys is from Minnesota and we had some food brought in one day and he asked me if I tried the hotdish. Had no idea what the gently caress a hotdish was until that day.

I'm originally from Kansas City and I'd move back just for the BBQ.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Uhh why the hell didn't those brit cops pick that son of a bitch and slam him on the ground? You fuckers really need to get some tasers. You get one order to put your hands behind your back and then the taser comes out. Then it's a do it or get tased and if I don't get an immediate response it's time to ride the lightning.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Hezzy posted:

Probably because if they did that then they'd either have been attacked by the mob that was forming, or they'd be in even hotter water than they are now. Yes, they are actually being investigated because of this incident and the media are spinning police brutality stories like they're going out of fashion.

Plus, body slams just aren't cricket

You can't slam someone for resisting arrest? I don't literally mean a Hulk Hogan powerslam but grab their legs and dump them on the ground.

I did laugh at "He's on the drugs!" I'm going to start using that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Another week of 25+ hours of overtime. Please end my life.

I worked an 18 day straight stretch recently so I know how you feel.

• Locked thread