Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I enjoyed this video immensely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsgXWPRbKQE

I'm guessing that in the states that would have ended in some sort of strobe-light super taser making everyone breakdance in the middle of the courtroom floor?

There is a longer version as well, if you would like to watch a non-MET police force crowd controlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkM3Hc9Opxg

The Met would have just kettled them for 50 hours until they were so dehydrated they would be drinking their own piss.

Holy poo poo. What a debacle. Mind boggles what would happen if they tried that in a sheriff court up here. Always imagine the sheriff would turn the firehouse on anyone that disrupted things for more than 10 seconds, they are pretty darn no nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

You lot enjoy your day. Maybe when your country isn't only just out the packet and new you'll chill out a bit.

That video's like an angry teenager shouting at its parents. Feel free to disagree on spelling, car number plates and muffins but surely you must all admit, the Celsius scale is just easier.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Simply glorious.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Don't tell me, is that filmed just after they arrived on scene to find local stations had it under control and tried to shift responsibility for it even though the entire incident happened on a sodding train?

(I may be a touch raw from your colleagues last week)

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Inter-force bitch fight. My money is on Police force Scotland.
Call it a draw for all the work I and my colleagues had to do first.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
What a tremendous way to finish working for the company. The BBQ is a lovely touch, bonus points for the prisoners getting a whiff!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Not bad, and proper sausages, not like those loving hogdogs that you lot eat.

I'll agree with you for BBQ purposes. For a roll at breakfast, the Scottish Lorne sausage however is supreme.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Yep, I'll take that, Lorne sausage is pretty drat nice, especially with an egg. You can keep the white pudding though, that poo poo is disgusting.

Sausage and Bacon and anything deep fried are banned from our borough canteens now because of fat coppers.

Lorne doesn't fall out from a roll which is grand. White pudding is rank, black pudding is awesome and haggis is a nice treat for breakie.

Ha, canteen at work, what are they? We are left to roam the streets and visit our favoured takeaways and cafés if we want hot food other than microwave or toaster fare.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

I'm guessing you don't have 1000 officer police stations though. The food at Hendon training center is genuinely good. I always get their early to grab some food. The canteens are usually only 0700-about 1630 so only early turn really get to eat or people working office hours.

How often do you grab a munchie box?

We have a canteen at headquarters and the training centre. Both are places I like to try and avoid owing to them being full of senior folk.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

Apparently the police rehab centre has the best canteen in the UK. Their sausages are incredible according to several sources.

Hope you're paying your fees for it chartley!

We have our own treatment centre, it's meant to be a phenomenal facility. No grumbles about my monthly deduction for it.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

I am pretty sure the met are one of the only (if not THE only) force that is still using CS

Everyone else uses PAVA

North of my border my friend. Think we are set to change to pava at some point. I welcome the possibility of something that might affect dogs other than the baton. Next time I encounter an angry dog it might be easier...

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
Until recently i didn't rate mounted police in non public order events, they were first on scene to a theft/housebreaking debacle. From witness accounts it was a tremendous sight seeing the 2 horses galloping down the road, especially for the 2 good folk trying to apprehend the naughty fellow.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

beanieson posted:

rank.txt

FBI is terrible. We held a large scale active shooter training last year and invited their local swat team to participate. They refused to work with any of the other 4 teams involved and basically tried to take over the whole show. It was right out of a cheesy cop movie with the suits showing up all "lol my jurisdiction"

I never get why people are bothered by this, someone has turned up and will take on all the hassle and responsibility and deal with something. That makes me think they'll be footing the overtime claims too so I'd let them take charge and sit back.

Maybe I'm just lazy mind you.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Thesoldier posted:

Tally Ho on the subject vehicle is not proper radio terminology, followed by my supervisor saying "you're not a Spitfire chasing down bandits"

This is what happens when you allow us to use plain talk jeez

I think to aspire to be as effective as a spitfire chasing down bandits would be a great motivator at work. Bonus points if you make plane noises.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
People all too rarely call me a pig at work. It's very disappointing.

Luckily my friends make up for it.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

End your life in a fireball of money and pro plus?

I'm having to do loads of overtime for the first time in ages. I don't mind that but know fine well I won't see the cash for months. Absolutely rubbish.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Why months? Do you guys only get paid when the queen gets taxes from the colonies or what?

It's a major event and the overtime is being recorded on paper sheets for central processing. We have interpreted this as a sign that they want to delay it and mess us about. Totally rubbish and pointless as soon enough most of my working day will be spent emailing and phoning whoever I think is delaying my money.

Normally it's the following month or the one after if there are queries with it. I honestly think I'll be lucky to get this by Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Whip Slagcheek posted:

:stare: What the hell is wrong with your payment processing system?

It's not the system, it's the organisation shafting us.

Maybe they'll pay it sooner but we are that ground down and cynical we don't trust them terribly much.

• Locked thread