Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Walh Hara posted:

I didn't see the Argentina match today. Did they actually play well and/or deserve to win?

Was poo poo and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Walh Hara posted:

I didn't see the Argentina match today. Did they actually play well and/or deserve to win?

No. They almost went to penos with actual bad team Switzerland

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
sorry but you're seeing a Germany / Netherlands final

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Walh Hara posted:

I actually turned it off and went back to work. It was a poo poo match, which I knew going in. They attacked haphazardly.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Walh Hara posted:

Have you watched them at all this Cup? Pretty much the same.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Chances like this are your entire reason for existing, dammit.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

trem_two posted:

positively jozy-esque

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

trem_two posted:

Won and done.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mr. Mambold posted:

Won and done.

You know how Alexi Lalas jizzes himself talking about an elite player that changes games?

We don't have one of those.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

ESPN just gave Ruud van Nistelrooy a birthday cake.

guess we don't gotta worry about him handing in a transfer request then

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

vulturesrow posted:

Not playing Beckerman is one of the few game management mistakes Klinnsman made in the Cup IMO. I'm certainly a lot higher on him then I was going in. And I still think Donovan deserved a spot on the roster.

Oh yeah the other mistake was bringing Graham Zusi to the world cup

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Big Black Dick posted:

positively jozy-esque

i don't think Jozy would've reached that ball tbh.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

trem_two posted:

He probably just got confused and tried to score a goal like in real football.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Enigma89 posted:

So if Belgium beats Argentina we are gona hear that the US could of made it to the semis aren't we?

Well, the US could have made it to the semis: if we had scored more goals against Belgium.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pook Good Mook posted:

You know how Alexi Lalas jizzes himself talking about an elite player that changes games?

We don't have one of those.

We didn't have one when he played either. He was poo poo too, for the record. That's why when a guy like Rossi, who grew up in N.J. wants to play for Azzurri, everyone loses it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That free kick was beautiful and if Dempsey had hit it on first touch it probably would have gone in.

If Belgium play like today against Argentina they're going to win because Romero is a terrible keeper.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Goodnight World Cup thread. I am still drunk and sad. I hope the cup stays awesome. God Bless. I'll see you in the morning, CDT.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
No more games until Friday. :(

Anything else to watch?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Where's the gif of Tim Howard clearly mouthing "WHAT THE gently caress" to his teammates after one of his innumerable defenses?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EccoRaven posted:

Where's the gif of Tim Howard clearly mouthing "WHAT THE gently caress" to his teammates after one of his innumerable defenses?

He has Tourette's.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh. Well, when that happened it was completely in sync with everyone in the room's emotions, so it adequately summarized everyone's feeling at the time. Because, what the gently caress, why was nobody actually noticing the runners?

I guess if it'd be offensive to his condition then no gif is appropriate. But at the time it was exactly what everyone else was feeling.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
It'd be real problematic

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:(

I am glad he's still a successful footballer despite it!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

This game ends 2-1, with Belgium winning most iterations. Still, I think the odds were pretty accurate, 33 percent chance it's what I'd give the US.

drat nice prediction

e: FIFA is probably extremely pissed off right now since america will stop caring about football for the next four years

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Enigma89 posted:

Watch this forever

Despite Dempsey not taking a shot on the first touch, USA probably still could have scored off the rebound if the whole team hadn't of just stood there and watched.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Luxembourg has 3 neighboring countries, France, Belgium and Germany. Since all of them have made it to the quarter finals, Luxembourg is clearly winning the World Cup!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
a luxembourger is going to run the eu as well which is arguably more significant

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Burqa King posted:

a luxembourger is going to run the eu as well which is arguably more significant

dubious

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Burqa King posted:

actually no one cares as long as it's not Van Rompuy

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Fag Boy Jim posted:

yeah, some idiots are already calling for a Brazil/Argentina final for some reason, despite neither team being particularly impressive

if it actually is a Brazil/Argentina final, football will be dead.

World Cup winners often play like poo poo early in the tournament but grind out results all the way to the final. Spain 2010 and Italy 2006 for a start

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

EccoRaven posted:

:(

I am glad he's still a successful footballer despite it!

They're loving with you. Tim doesn't have that sort of Tourette's, it is the regular kind where he gets twitches and tics. The fact that he can overcome it during games is pretty drat cool, however. A decent, although short, read about it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ld-cup-history/

Joopjan
Nov 5, 2009
Still laughing at how the Portuguese pundits were pronouncing Zusi as Juicy. They also struggled with De Bruyne but that is somewhat to be expected. These pundits are some of the worst ive ever seen.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I don't know where I'm supposed to ask this, but this place should be as good as any:

Where in the hell is the transfer thread?!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Xabi posted:

I don't know where I'm supposed to ask this, but this place should be as good as any:

cup tied

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

T. Farce decided that the forum couldn't deal with the poo poo there at the same time we fling poo poo at each other due to the World Cup.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Xabi posted:

Mercy-killed.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

We don't talk about fan fiction inTRP. Fan fiction for present purposes includes official deals for: Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Adam Lallanna, Luke Shaw, and Ander Hererra.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Xabi posted:

QCS.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ezequiel Garay went to Zenit for six million euros, a loving disgrace of a transfer. How am i supposed to talk about it before the World Cup ends??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mans posted:

Ezequiel Garay went to Zenit for six million euros, a loving disgrace of a transfer. How am i supposed to talk about it before the World Cup ends??

you're not, because the world cup is all that should be spoken of during the world cup.

• Locked thread