Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lipstick Apathy
Hulk Hogan better watch out for Jean Claude Van Damme, aka the Muscles From Brussels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
JOZY JOZY JOZY JOZY

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lamont Cranston posted:

I wonder how insulated FIFA try to keep these guys. Are they actually hearing these press conferences or are they kept sequestered in their hotels until the match starts?

I'd guess that they are aware of the comments at some level. It might be from a friend texting them "Hey USA guy says 'Ref better have a good game' what an idiot right?" or something as simple as that. I find it hard to believe that they would be completely oblivious to it. I'm sure they keep up with the World Cup news, if not at a general level then definitely looking over status of the teams they will be working, and when they would go to research the US (for instance to check on the status of the Jozy injury) they would probably see "Klinsmann concerned over Algerian ref" or something similar.

I could also be completely wrong (pretend I stuck the It's a mystery smilie here, images arent loading and I don't know which it is)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Awww yeah.

e: cock gif ffs

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 1, 2014

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Suqit posted:

I am very excited for the game today. Both games really but especially the big USAMNT game where we will have our breakout performance and prove to the world how good we are.

I love the USAMNT. It's my favorite sports team in the world.

We run into each other and get concussed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
aggrajag if you want to re post that gif please put nsfw tags around it, it's literally a gif of a penis becoming erect.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
During the last minute of the Portugal game, Univision commentators stated that all the US had to do was pass the ball amongst themselves in order to win, which should be easy because "that is what they do in the MLS". No idea as to the veracity of that statement about the MLS, but the next minute was amazing.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Omi-Polari posted:

Hulk Hogan better watch out for Jean Claude Van Damme, aka the Muscles From Brussels.

Considering he probably has a foot of height and over 100 pounds on him I kind of doubt he needs to.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Zythrst posted:

Considering he probably has a foot of height and over 100 pounds on him I kind of doubt he needs to.

Hogan's spinal column is composed largely of scrap metal from old Chevys and some chewed-up gum.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Judakel posted:

During the last minute of the Portugal game, Univision commentators stated that all the US had to do was pass the ball amongst themselves in order to win, which should be easy because "that is what they do in the MLS". No idea as to the veracity of that statement about the MLS, but the next minute was amazing.

I can confirm the defending was very MLS

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

looks like something only an American would eat op

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Thus far only group winners have gone on to the quarter finals.

Will there be an exciting upset today? Most likely not!

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Having watched Belgium thus far, I'm afraid they're going to gently caress off along with the dark horse they rode in on back to Europe.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Funky Koval posted:

Having watched Belgium thus far, I'm afraid they're going to gently caress off along with the black horse they rode in on back to Europe.
bit racist this

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
that's ok, i ninja edited it

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
belgium are myths, a collection of outstanding players but no semblance of team ethic. USA could easily get past them, but if jozy plays it's belgium's game to lose.

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As a Belgian I secretly hope that the USMNT destroys the Red Devils so people stop driving around with those Belgian flag side mirror covers.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gigi Galli posted:

aggrajag if you want to re post that gif please put nsfw tags around it, it's literally a gif of a penis becoming erect.

eh, i thought it was ok since it was posted a poo poo ton in the last match with the USMNT.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Little Xherdan Shaqiri is gonna destroy Argentina and it's gonna own

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

oilcheck my rear end posted:

He's going to eat Hazard and do a slick turn and burn on kompany for his 69th goal idiot race just you watch

Suarez got 9 games for a bite. How many games is it for ingesting an entire opposing player?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I need Jozy to score a goal here so I can skip the month probation and get right on with my ban

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Big Black Dick posted:

Suarez got 9 games for a bite. How many games is it for ingesting an entire opposing player?

Nothing as long as he doesn't chew and eats the whole thing like a snake

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I honestly have no idea what Argentina is going to show up to the match against Switzerland. They should win but they've looked tremendously poo poo a couple of times.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
Jozy is going to prove that he's the most hungry and dangerous player at the world cup today, haters watch out.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

oilcheck my rear end posted:

I honestly have no idea what Argentina is going to show up to the match against Switzerland. They should win but they've looked tremendously poo poo a couple of times.

they've looked poor in every game, but they have lionel messi. the last time argentina won the world cup, they weren't very good, but they had maradona.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

they've looked poor in every game, but they have lionel messi. the last time argentina won the world cup, they weren't very good, but they had maradona.

honestly every team looks pretty weak and I don't think there's really a clear favorite and Argentina should have an incredibly easy march to the semi-final if they can even sort of get their heads out of their collective asses.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
yeah one of the reasons this is a great world cup is that there's no clear favourite to win it. i still fancy the argies but you never know.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think this world cup I learned from our experienced and intelligent posters that there are approximately 10 good players (6 of them keepers) and 2 good teams.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think this world cup I learned from our experienced and intelligent posters that there are approximately 10 good players (6 of them keepers) and 2 good teams.

International teams are poo poo op.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

When all teams are good, all teams are poo poo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Who ate Messi's chin?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Agrajag posted:

Who ate Messi's chin?

HGH

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Agrajag posted:

Who ate Messi's chin?

Jozy needs it due to the bits of horse placenta floating around in it.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Messi accurately counted every single person in the stands within 10 seconds of walking on the pitch.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Argentina's famous and beautiful anthem, "Ohhhhhhhhhohhhhhhhhhhoooooooooohooooooooooo"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

International teams usually are poo poo. Rarely do they have any chemistry or discipline that you see in the big European club teams. Belgium is a great example, it's filled with amazing and talented club players but as a unit they are less than impressive. Added to that these players just came off a 9 month season with many playing at the very highest levels. So by the time the world cup rolls around these guys are half broken or mentally fatigued.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I look quite a lot like messi and it freaks me out sometimes when I see pictures of him

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sitting at home with a beer in hand LETS GO ARGENTINA AND THE US of A!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I really wish Maradona was still managing Argentina this world cup and not the last one, it would have kicked the fantasticosity up another notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Idk who is gonna win this match. Tough call. No aguero :(

• Locked thread