Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

Just signed my contract for IT and I ship on November 13th for sunny Great Lakes! Just ask the oldest boot you ever seen if he has stairs in his house.

You're going to be a reservist, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

Yes, yes I am. Going in as an E3 at the tender age of 37.

LOL. I'll retire at a very young 38.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

AMA about catching a married JO boning the MWR rep on the Enterprise.

Were they both dudes? Otherwise no biggie.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://www.reddit.com/r/newtothenavy/comments/2aegh1/questions_about_hygeine_and_body_odor_in_rtc/

LOL. This poor bastard.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

Hope he cranks in the cpo mess.

:chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Octopode posted:

All the stats are available off the NPC website here:

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyofficer/04line/Documents/FY-15/FY15%20AO4L%20STATS.pdf

Looks like it was 56.22% selection for pilots and 49.03% for NFOs. That's using BUPERS' messed up math, though, where they divide total selections, both in and above zone, over the number of in-zone Officers. Actual in-zone selection rates are pretty similar, though, 52.71% and 46.45%.

LOL. My last advancement numbers were 7%. MUTHERFUCKING SEVEN. gently caress you guys and your entitled wives and nicer housing.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Isn't this in a community that often can't remember how to administer chewable Motrin

Really? Have I not been spelling correctly? I am not a corpsman.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

Poopkitty is one of our :chiefsay:

If it helps, I'm bitter and jaded and tapping out on May 31st, 2016.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats!!

Thanks. Looking so forward to freedom.

(I'm also the CPO that sits next to seqenenra. And the CMEO, but mostly because I was the only female :chiefsay: at the time.)

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 16, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

"Ok, we need a CMEO to show that we are a diverse organization that does not make decisions based on gender, race, or religion"
/picks the only female chief because she is female

Its usually a black guy, so I feel like this is progress.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Stultus Maximus posted:

We once had a fat white CMEO for some reason. He was also :chiefsay: as gently caress.

Probably because PRT coordinator was taken.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Fat :chiefsay: PRT coordinators are way better than skinny, former fat girl, noble coordinator. Fucker screwed over one of the best Sailors we had because of BCA even though he is in-shape and it was 1%. Bonus was said PRT coordinated had to redo an entire group PRT the next drill because she made so many mistakes in a process that is entirely regulation driven.

Was her name Marcia?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Yes, except for CWO/LDOs.

LOL. We just had a terrible LDO retire. Super loving creepy dude. Literally said he applied for LDO because he couldn't make Chief.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Firsts like that just need to quickly and quietly turn to dust and not continue along instead. Or, better yet, be a Warrant in the Army.

My first QD watch, this dude was looking over my shoulder critiquing all of my friends' photos. and commenting on their outfits. Also mentioned he had never seen me at church and wondered what services I attended. I just heard he was hired on as a civilian.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

He's gonna be the dude giving the speech about sexual harassment at indoc as part of his "agreement". Just calling it now. We have a civilian named Mike, who as part of his punishment for a fuckup involving hands where they should not be, it was decided that he shall give a sexual harassment brief every week to new check ins on base.

Thank goodness, that part is my AOR. And there is NO WAY IN HELL he will be doing that.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Beside the obvious of him being a creeper and needs to learn personal space, you should have told him you went to Temple on Saturday so that's why he doesn't see you on Sunday.

I told him that that was none of his loving business. It was an uncomfortable watch after that.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

not black enough posted:

She's a model now if we're talking about the same person.

Aspiring, yes.

Were you one of the dudes that hung out in forward pallet and watched her on the stairmaster?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Some dude on the ship that just drydocked just made himself a bunch of Japanese enemies by almost shooting them with a shotline. Rubber bullet bounced off the coping so fast it reeked like burnout. rear end in a top hat.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

Had the distinct pleasure of spending several hours this morning in a car dealership. The salesmen are annoying but the finance guys are straight up loving thieves. I was a total pain in the rear end of course since I understand arcane subjects such as interest rates. I laughed at the guy when he quoted the first interest rate to me and told him to try again. At one point I looked the guy right in the eye and said "I bet you get a lot of people in here who take the first number you offer them don't you?" He at least had the grace to look embarrassed, but did say yes. I swear that there should be a requirement for young sailors to take a week long car buying class before they are even allowed to think of getting withing 500 feet of a car dealership.

Buying a car is super fun when you're a woman. They fall all over themselves to give me the shittiest deal and then drat near cry when I get a price quote and go somewhere else with cash. I swear they think I'm an idiot who lost her handler. I'm going to CarMax when I get back Stateside. I own my car but I need a truck.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

From what friends have told me those schools just sound like material is boring, and didn't they do away with QMs as a rating?

I have never been to a non-boring classroom based Navy course. And no, there are still QMs. SMs were merged with QM/BM about 10 years ago.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't know anyone under 25 who drinks coffee. We have one kids who drinks 3 giant cans of monster every night. I keep telling him he's going to have early kidney failure, but I think diabetes might be possible too.

A fellow instructor drank a six pack a day of Monster. He developed a seizure disorder. It took a couple of "drop on the floor and flop like a fish" episodes before he admitted that it was likely the Monster.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

Aren't you a green-side corpsman?

Needs of the Navy, both in terms of body image and physical capability, and in technical knowhow and experience, differ when you're talking between some guy running around in full kit with the Marines and hauling their wounded carcass back to a distant LZ, or when you're a nuke in a boomer doing 4 knots to nowhere for 80 days straight. Or any variety of other situations.

We go over this every few months and on the one hand the Navy wants everyone to look like Cuba Gooding, on the other it wants to put guys short-cycled on 8+ month deployments short manpower, and on heavy in-port shift work and vicious duty rotation, and just magically expects to get both. And then it still ends up with fat useless sacks of poo poo all over the place.

7/10 guys I work with are well within standards and AMAZING technicians. Too bad they're civilians now and the Active Duty guys on ships are fat and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20140723/NEWS/307230055/Enlisted-women-serve-attack-submarines-after-2020

I read this and the question that kept popping to mind was "What the gently caress for???" I can almost guarantee the Navy can't get the female recruitment numbers it needs to pull this off, and you'll end up with empty racks in whatever the VA equivalent of 9-man is while males still hotrack in the equivalent of aft berthing.

Enlisted women are only 17% of the Navy. Most of those are very junior first termers. This will not go well. I am too old to volunteer, and not dumb enough.

• Locked thread