Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I always enjoyed the Kuribo's/Goomba's shoe item and concept in SMB3. I wish Nintendo would add mechanics like it back to the games or even the shoe itself; running around in cat suits is pretty fun but I think we can all agree that the shoe is way better.

Who would you like to see in Kuribo's shoe if Nintendo brings it back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

look, unpopular opinion ahoy but kuribo's shoe is special because it showed up in one stage. i think its enduring popularity is a testament to the value of not running a thing into the ground with constant exposure. please nintendo, do not use the shoe ever again.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

geno

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

look, unpopular opinion ahoy but kuribo's shoe is special because it showed up in one stage. i think its enduring popularity is a testament to the value of not running a thing into the ground with constant exposure. please nintendo, do not use the shoe ever again.

This is a good point and I think it will be a popular opinion because of the reference to its enduring popularity

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i just want geno in another game gently caress off square enix

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

kuribo's shoe was one of the funnest items in mario. i'd spend hours being invincible against those loving stupid plant monsters by walking on their face.

that and the tanooki suit. the tanooki suit was awesome as gently caress because it was like *poof* i'm a statue bitch

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

if they did have it happen again, maybe have it pop up like once max. none of this 'give everything tails' poo poo. i dont really trust modern nintendo to do this though

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Widestancer posted:

This is a good point and I think it will be a popular opinion because of the reference to its enduring popularity

okay well if nintendo had to bring it back i guess i'd say i would like to see it outside of a mario game. maybe it could be a shape you form in wonderful 101.

Soral
May 30, 2009

kuribos shoe makes an appearance in super mario 3d world in the form of kuribo's ice skate, fyi.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Soral posted:

kuribos shoe makes an appearance in super mario 3d world in the form of kuribo's ice skate, fyi.

:eyepop:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

rename me to kuribo's shoe

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I hope kuribos shoe is an item in a smash bros game. Just wanna walk all over princess Zeldas face (irl ofc)

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
see all the smells

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Oil Can Boyd posted:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

exmorte posted:

I hope kuribos shoe is an item in a smash bros game. Just wanna walk all over princess Zeldas face (irl ofc)

thanks for the new fetish

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LaTex Fetish posted:

thanks for the new fetish

Hyrule Champions is making with the fanservice so

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Kuribo is Goomba's name in Japan, so

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
kuribo's shoe?

more like kuribo's poo

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

a jew like in the op would be nice

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
kuribo's shoe would be a better smash bros item than the hammer and you could hit people out of it and take it for your own. probably too good for the game.

also:

Oil Can Boyd posted:

him making a cameo in one of the gba rpgs was insulting

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hog Butcher posted:

kuribo's shoe would be a better smash bros item than the hammer and you could hit people out of it and take it for your own. probably too good for the game.

also:

him making a cameo in one of the gba rpgs was insulting

i didnt even hear about that and that is insulting, even to me, as someone who is just hearing about it now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im really loving mad now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
they had to put like GENO IS COPYRIGHT SQUARE ENIX on the game's copyright screen and the negotiations were apparently brutal

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the shoe is empty. its owner is dead. mario stomped on him and took his shoe. then mario rode it to the end of the level then he threw the shoe away. he never really needed it. he just saw a goomba with a shoe and he thought "i'm going to kill you and take your shoe. i don't even need it but i'm doing this thing to you."

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i think someone mentioned it but kuribo is just goombas. did you know they are loving chestnuts and not mushrooms what the gently caress

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Oil Can Boyd posted:

i think someone mentioned it but kuribo is just goombas. did you know they are loving chestnuts and not mushrooms what the gently caress

did you know that "chestnut" is slang for "clitoris" in japanese

makes you think

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

so mario has a vagina stompig thing going on, hosed up if true

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oil Can Boyd posted:

so mario has a vagina stompig thing going on, hosed up if true

We don't kinkshame ITT we make up funny shoe mashups

And maybe draw or Photoshop them

This would explain why peach hasn't been knocked up yet though

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Widestancer posted:

We don't kinkshame ITT we make up funny shoe mashups

And maybe draw or Photoshop them

This would explain why peach hasn't been knocked up yet though

im working on a megaman in kuribos shoe fionas just usin the 3DS right now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

it turned into iggy in a kuribos shoe its almost done

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i finished the drawing i might add some background details or something

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
that owns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lmbo

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The GBA Mario RPGs were better than Mario RPG.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

fronz posted:

The GBA Mario RPGs were better than Mario RPG.

That would be a valid opinion if it were not blatantly false.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

added a background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

You know what they say about guys with big shoes.

They got big feet.

• Locked thread