Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Last ex girlfriend managed to kill a Volvo 240. Ran the thing completely out of oil and continued driving it for 10+ miles down the interstate and then down the road to her destination before pulling over. I told her to go get an oil change 2 weeks before, noting that it was a little low and she should get it done that weekend if possible.

(I put a jug of oil in it for shits and giggles, and heard the worst case of rod knock I've ever heard in my life.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Rhyno posted:

What's AI's thoughts on Motorcycle "clubs"? Three people I know have joined them in recent months and the guys already in these things are just the douchiest people I've ever met.

The only club I like around town is a club that is a bunch of guys who ride pre 1950s motorcycles. They're all really nice dudes.

The new thing in town are Motorcycle "Collectives" where it's a bunch of hipster douchebags renting a workshop together and cafe-ing vintage hondas and yamahas and poo poo.

Bucephalus posted:

Motorcycle clubs, to me, are like group rides: I'm on my bike to get the gently caress away from people. Then again, I'm a known asocial/antisocial/sociopath, so grain of salt and all that.

This mostly. I do like taking road trips with my friends who ride, but generally I just want to be alone with my thoughts and the rolling hills of Tennessee when I'm riding.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Still in the ER, with a banana bag and some iv Ativan so far. BP is a bit lower, but not as low as they want.

Now if they'd just uncouple me from all the machines so I could go pee... Or at least show me where the loving remote is for the TV. :argh:

Jesus christ dude, get better/take care of yourself when you get out.

Protip: TV remote is normally plugged into the wall next to your bed somewhere along the headboard side or the controls are on the siderails of the bed.

• Locked thread