Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

Well, gently caress.

That's just the standard text that comes with any severe thunderstorm watch/warning. I'm assuming you're up in GP (where the watch is?)...for the next couple hours, you're in the clear, but as that quasi-stationary trough moves east (quasi-stationary meaning it moves at less than 5 knots), you're going to have unsettled weather for at least the next 18-24 hours, with tomorrow afternoon giving the greatest potential for the development of severe thunderstorms.

I would say that the single biggest concern associated with this is, rather than winds and hail, the potential for forest fire.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Oh you're in Red Deer? Well have fun getting sucked up in the tornado then :haw:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Thought of your Rover owners today; there was a vehicle in the parking lot below my office whose anti-theft was going off almost continuously all afternoon. Wheeled over to the window and there it was...a P38 honking frantically like it was separated from its parents.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Viggen posted:

I have some Mongols who live nearby. Evidently their product is good because they can party for days.

Kumis is pretty crazy stuff from what I hear. You drink a bottle of that stuff and you'll want to conquer the world!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 11, 2014

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

How much space would 3000 pairs of socks even take up?

E: Holy poo poo I did the math and it's like six cubic meters. Basically you'd be filling up a walk-in closet from floor to ceiling.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 17, 2014

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Bend I think you need to make a thread about this...it's seriously cool stuff.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Powershift posted:

Most model/brand specific forums are humanity as a whole is terrifying, firstly because everything becomes an echo chamber with large cliques spouting the same bullshit, and those cliques never follow the most intelligent, only the loudest.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think you're actually hearing the flat-plane crank there, not a V6.

That doesn't sound flat crank at all - some sort of funky exhaust routing maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I just read the news about Drive...what the hell are they thinking, that people actually want to pay to watch Noted Windbag Leo Parente spout on for hours?

I mean, Chris Harris is good and their "Inside" videos are pretty good, but I just don't find anything else they do interesting enough to watch for free, much less for a subscription.

• Locked thread