Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
I'm making GBS threads myself.

I got fired from my job a couple of months ago, and all I've been doing is laying in bed drinking since then, with the exception of drinking with some old workmates that I haven't seen for ages.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I went skydiving, and it was pretty cool. I remember that I got bored after about 10 seconds of freefall and was disappointed when I learnt that there was still another 20 seconds left.

So I thought, gently caress it, I'll do one of the few things that I've always said I'll never be crazy/stupid enough to do, and that is jump out of a perfectly functional aircraft. While it's in the air.

Just because I'm bored and my life is going down the shitter.

Tell me it's going to be ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I thought it was going to be scary because I'm terrible with heights, but of course you're so high that your brain doesn't seem to recognize it.
It's only freaky for the first few seconds as you jump out and you get that feeling of your stomach moving up in your body. After that the fear goes away and it's awesome fun.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's the actual jumping part that is scaring me. I really hate doing anything that makes me nervous/involves adrenalin. Probably why I've never had a girlfriend.

Once I'm actually falling I know I'll just resign myself to whatever happens, and probably even get bored.

I only booked it because I was drunk and bored and had an epiphany about how I need to get out of my comfort zone and get my life back on track somewhat.

I'm really regretting it, but its going to cost 150 bucks to cancel.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008
I think you want E/N.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Nope, I just wanted to say I'm going to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane soon and was looking for stories from people who had already done it.

The E/N poo poo just happened.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
i like your forums username, you should probably change it so when you die someone else can pick up the mantle.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

i like your forums username, you should probably change it so when you die someone else can pick up the mantle.

Nope I'm still alive. The worst part was the 3 hour drive to get there. I was trying not to throw up or pass out the whole time cos I was so nervous.

But once I was there and had the harness on, all the waiting, including hanging out the plane just before the jump, was good as gold.

It was something different I tell ya. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
I loved skydiving. Planning on going again this fall. All my nerves occurred on the ground, once I was in the plane I was fine. Funny, too, because while I was getting geared up and jumping, my then-fiance-now-wife was at a bridal shower semi-freaking out about whether I was going to die. I mean, seriously, having to return all that stuff? It'd have been the worst.

• Locked thread