Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
For me the phrasing is off, and I say this as a trans woman, there's something about it that seems poorly worded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Examples I've seen mentioned include the older style "trapped" phrasing, the use of "hermaphrodite", and how one of the examples is an old dwarf beard joke while the other is an old lovely elf joke.

So, it's an effort. A sort of first-draft effort where no trans people were consulted (and at least one open transphobic stalker was).

Yeah, that's sums up how I feel pretty well.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

greatn posted:

4e doesn't have classes. There's one class.

4e is communism, which is probably why I liked it so much.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Libertad! posted:

If 4E is Communism and 3E/5E is Capitalism, then what economic ideology does the OSR adhere to?

Dark Enlightenment.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Okay. You only encounter it on a shoreline, where it attacks out of the water from ambush. It's a huge creature with decent AC and HP, and the ability to grapple medium-sized creatures with one claw. And it had a absolutely ridiculous grapple check. Also, it's type is Vermin, so it's immune to wide swaths of spells that might slow it down.

So, it's entire actions would be:

Round 1: From ambush, grapple someone squishy.
Round 2: Grab someone else coming to rescue their friend with it's other claw.
Round 3: Retreat into the ocean to consume it's prey at leisure.

And that's how you kill half the party with a single CR 3 critter.

And after the fight I guess the party might be a little bit crabby.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

ascendance posted:

Let's be honest here. I don't give a flying gently caress about your hurt fi-fis over the lovely play test, and how you feel your market segment has been ignored in favor of 3.5 grogtards.

You don't give a gently caress about my feelings either over the constant griping about how 5e is a worthless piece of poo poo, and everyone who plays it must suck at the teat of Tarnowski and Zak.

Which is why this thread is a cesspool of acrimony and vituperation, and why I proposed a separate thread.

lmao, it's like Zak S never left

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Talmonis posted:

Tell us on this doll where those mean ol' casters touched you. Or was it that they stole your boy/girl friend?

Haha jokes about child molestation, rofl my dude :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

One thing I've always liked about the Aboleth is that they are scared shitless by mind flayers, because of their ancestral memory they can look back and see the rise of all other races, but the mind flayers came from a distant future and they have no memory of them. This is the worst case scenario for the Aboleth because it creates a great unknown variable. I like abberations