Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I know its important to be honest and I'm at least going to mention that I love gaming in my OK Cupid profile. But should I go farther and mention specific games? If so which ones?

For example saying I like mario kart/party shows that I'm a pretty relaxed funloving guy. Or I could say dark souls and if she asks hopefully I can explain how I'm the type of guy that won't give up when things get fiendishly and sometimes unfairly difficult.

Please advise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:stonk:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

all gamer girls play league of legends and world of warcraft

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I mention that Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite game ever and I drop a Morrowind reference at least twice.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

really hammer it home that u love playing meet & gently caress kingdom

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Ekster posted:

all gamer girls play league of legends and world of warcraft

Oh yeah. I should probably put my favorite League of Legends heros. But then again that opens me up to a whole other level of judgement.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ristolaz posted:

Oh yeah. I should probably put my favorite League of Legends heros. But then again that opens me up to a whole other level of judgement.

Put your mmr

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Would not be wise.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

I once really talked to a girl about league of legends and she asked me what league I was in.

I told her I was in Gold and that I play marksmen and support a lot. She then kept pestering me about what my username was and all this business.

The important part is that this was at the gym when my buddy and I were talking about league. She was ugly and smelled worse that me at the end of my workout. I never saw her again.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Rapelay

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

LaTex Fetish posted:

I once really talked to a girl about league of legends and she asked me what league I was in.

I told her I was in Gold and that I play marksmen and support a lot. She then kept pestering me about what my username was and all this business.

The important part is that this was at the gym when my buddy and I were talking about league. She was ugly and smelled worse that me at the end of my workout. I never saw her again.

don't odor shame please

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

only put adult games on there so she knows you are an adult and enjoy sex/sexual activities

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just put as much detail about your gaming habits as possible, otherwise how will you find your soulmate who can appreciate the full spread of your fine games with you?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Go on an edate before you fully commit irl. If she ain't pulling her weight during a raid she ain't worth the time.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

renegade or paragon?

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Ekster posted:

renegade or paragon?

Make clear that you allowed the gypsy alien race to be massacred because their robot enemies would be more valuable to the war effort

girls like a pragmatic guy who's willing to make tough decisions

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

Go on an edate before you fully commit irl. If she ain't pulling her weight during a raid she ain't worth the time.

You do not have the required ilvl to date this gamer

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

this might be sexist of me but I can't date girls with a higher MMR than mine

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
My dating profile is just a list of games I like and a picture of my dick. I'll let you know when I get a date, OP! Hope everything works out for you.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm smart, that's why I'm platinum at SC2

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Talk to her about games and try to see if she's a poseur.

"Oh you're playing Gone Home? Which level?"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just list Deadly Premonition and see what kinda weird pussy crawls out of the woodwork.

or Senran Kagura, your choice

americong
May 29, 2013

I like to discuss my favorite Clannad routes with any potential mates, as this helps highlight any incompatibility early on

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Tell me the locations of both warp whistles in the first world of Mario 3 or get the gently caress out of my bed, woman.
C'mon this one's easy, I'm practically giving my sex away here!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The only game worth mentioning is Duke Nukem, as it lets her know that you're willing to do bad things if it makes you a badass.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
gotta put Morrowind on there so people will get the message that Outlanders are not exactly acceptable partners, if you know what I mean

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Just list Deadly Premonition and see what kinda weird pussy crawls out of the woodwork.

or Senran Kagura, your choice

i mentioned deadly premonition to a friend of a friend one time and she flipped every tit. just hands out and constantly tipping upwards while spinning toward other friends

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
i meet my potential lovers over while scarecammin' on Justin.tv with a bargin Logitech mic and camera combo to conceal my nasely frail body.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I demand Fallout NV mod lists from potential mates, so I can see if they have conflicts or missing master files, and judge them based on that.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i am with my fiancee because her profile said she liked pokemon and i used that as a bit of an ice breaker. first woman to ever message me back on a dating site, not really surprising im sure. 2 years and 2 months together so far, and we both still like pokemon haha

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Oil Can Boyd posted:

i am with my fiancee because her profile said she liked pokemon and i used that as a bit of an ice breaker. first woman to ever message me back on a dating site, not really surprising im sure. 2 years and 2 months together so far, and we both still like pokemon haha

you got engaged to the first woman to message you back on a dating site

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oil Can Boyd posted:

lmfao

Dec 26, 2012

Oil Can Boyd posted:

Omally posted:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Oil Can Boyd posted:

do you plan on streaming pokemon 24/7 with your wife or attending sgdq?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no one else would have messaged me back, that is something i am certain of, and i dont speed run stuff i like to go at my own pace (relatively snail like)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Oil Can Boyd posted:

no one else would have messaged me back, that is something i am certain of, and i dont speed run stuff i like to go at my own pace (relatively snail like)

Hey the only thing the other pokemon guy did fast at sgdq was run out the door when his wife started getting drunk with other boys

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Omally posted:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Oil Can Boyd posted:

goongrats on finding someone who shares your interests with you :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

you should play twitch plays pokemon, but using your firstborn instead, so that you can watch a mindless baby slam buttons until they beat pokemon instead of thousands of them

• Locked thread