Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please leave buzz feed alone. I get that list style articles are a dumb format, and that it's gonna be here for the long haul. I get that it's cowardly and cynical. I also get the novelty of these articles being juxtaposed with the reality of some apparent eldritch horror or some poo poo. I get it. For the hundredth time I get it.
It's become more annoying than the actual articles about how Batman is Walter White or secretly badass ways to mow your lawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

RacistGuidingLight posted:

secretly badass ways to mow your lawn.

Link me to this article, I need it for a project

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
4 Steps for Writing a Zack "Ghost Editor" Persons Article:

1) Take an extremely banal and mundane subject (Buzzfeed articles, televangelism, how-to guides)
2) Make it extra spooky
3) ????
4) Profit

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

rakovsky maybe posted:

4 Steps for Writing a Zack "Ghost Editor" Persons Article:

1) Take an extremely banal and mundane subject (Buzzfeed articles, televangelism, how-to guides)
2) Make it extra spooky
3) ????
4) Profit

And what about that corin tucker's stalker guy all he does is write about how old video games are awesome and new ones are poo poo unless done by someone who fits into some vaguely defined equation that renders them indie enough for praise. Or that loving livestock every article is about dogs like What The Hell???!!??!

PS I thought the complaint about Zack Parsons was that he writes too many political articles? Maybe I'm old as poo poo and can't keep up with all the latest updates on whining about the free content on the front page no one is forcing you to read.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
This thread sucks!!!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

And David Thorpe only writes articles awesome enough that when they aren't updated enough for my individual liking I get angry!

And John Hendren writes articles about the world's most Roamin' Dad and!

I love this place.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Nucular Carmul posted:

And what about that corin tucker's stalker guy all [bzzzzt] he does is write about how old video games are awesome and new ones are poo poo unless done by someone who fits into some vaguely defined equation that renders them indie enough for praise. Or that loving livestock every article is [mlurp] about dogs like What The Hell???!!??!

PS I thought the complaint about Zack Parsons was that he writes [kill yourself] too many political articles? Maybe I'm old as poo poo and can't keep up with all the latest updates on whining about the free content on the front page no one is forcing you to read.[we hunger]

this post has been ghost edited, I expect my front page royalties within the week

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Nucular Carmul posted:

Link me to this article, I need it for a project

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
What does it take to submit an article to the frontpage? I'd like to think there's a lot of people here who'd like to contribute something funny, but it seems like the frontpage is really disconnected from the forums.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

chaos rhames posted:

it seems like the frontpage is really disconnected from the forums.
You say this like that's a bad thing.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

There's a forums!?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

no they will not posted:

This thread sucks!!!

he's right

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the best way to get on the front page is to be a really good poster who everyone likes and then they put you on the front page at least that is what happened in my case

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

a starwar betamax posted:

the best way to get on the front page is to be a really good poster who everyone likes and then they put you on the front page at least that is what happened in my case

I liked your posts, and the articles of them

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
than you. I liked your as well

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

There's nothing secret about how badass this is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The dog food article is especially dumb. Yeah, some people take pet nutrition and wellness to the extreme, but it's not like wanting to give your pets better quality food and a good life is some kind of hosed up bad thing. Holy poo poo dude get a grip with picking your battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo dude get a grip with picking your battles.

:ironicat:

• Locked thread