Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Arkane posted:

That was 6 years ago. U-6 is still at 12%. 0 of the people responsible for said economic crisis were prosecuted, let alone indicted.

Are you honestly trying to claim that it would have been better under Republicans? Because if so I'm going to need a lung transplant after how much I'm going to laugh.

quote:

Only ~25% of Americans think the US is on the right track. The average numbers of his Presidency are probably among the lowest ever.

Americans don't know poo poo about poo poo. Many of them thing that Reagan was the best thing since sliced bread after all.

quote:

Obama had TWO YEARS of bicameral control. Not only control, but they had resounding majorities. The "but only for Congress" meme is bullshit. You've expunged the first two years from your memories apparently. And besides that, the idea that a President cannot work with Congress has 250 years worth of evidence to the contrary.

What's a filibuster precious?

quote:

Boom, a sound byte from 30 years ago from an actual racist. Nice job Colombo. There's no doubt that there are racists. In both parties. Ascribing 50% of the country disliking Obama to his race is made up bullshit, to reassure yourself that the bad President that you guys went gaga over in this forum in 2008 isn't so bad after all. If you want to see actual racism, click on the I/P thread. The baying for Jewish blood is sickening.

When the Republican party stops involving people from over 30+ years ago then we'll stop using those soundbytes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Granted the Clinton years were almost two decades ago now, but I don't remember things being as widespread as they are now. Sure there was the whole whitewater stuff and Vince Foster, and of course Wag the Dog and all, but nothing nearly as widespread as the birther movement.

As you said, Newt mocked some of that stuff. Nowadays they stay quiet about the craziness less they be labeled a RINO.

• Locked thread