Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Greetings to all! I'm a long time reader, first time poster here. I love SA! I was hoping to find people conceivably interested in doing a Michel Foucault reading group? I was thinking we could either start chronologically with history of madness, or maybe just pick one particular book and analyze the hell out of it.
I've read Foucault since I was in highschool, not that I properly understood him then, but I knew his work was (1) both important and relevant as well as beautifully almost poetically written, and (2) profoundly dense, difficult and challenging. When I finally went to college I found very much a dearth of information on him, and Imajored in philosophy! Shocking that he's not taught in institutionalized settings right? Or if he is it's a castrated rendition applicable only to 'literary theory.'
Anyways, anyone interested? I'd love to hear from you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Volunteer at a local prison's library and get the inmates' opinions.

Ghostsauce

scared you didnt i lmbo

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Obviously start with Madness and Civilization, you honky.

• Locked thread