Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I watched that hour and a half long interview on youtube with DOOM, the red bull academy one, and I have a ton more respect for the man than I did before (which is wild).

KMD had some really great tracks and it sucks they weren't more successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Not only is the new Armand Hammer fantastic, the cover art is hilarious and print worthy again. :love:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

drat that poo poo is nice.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I try very hard not to get into debates / arguments with people about these “type” of subjects. Most of the off-base opinions that people give me are coming from a place where they can’t relate.

DMX for example, his mom left him at a half-way house for children without him having prior knowledge. There was a video of him speaking about this and still getting choked up about it.

His father figure, brother, mentor gave him a crack laced blunt at 16. Someone that he loved and said loved him, basically gave him a drug addiction at 16.

Sexually abused by a 27 year old woman when he was 13 cause she was buying him sneakers.

Been to jail countless times, has 15 children, was on some stupid reality show talking about his addiction. And also had 5 platinum albums in row.

Who *can* relate to it unless you know people like that or grew up with that around you?

I grew up with friends dealing with similar strings of devastating life events and I can't relate. Abuse as a child has long term physiological affects that we still don't understand. Now on top of that add systemic racism, addiction (which is a disease process), and ridiculous amounts of fame.

This isn't aimed at you, I just get pissed when this poo poo comes up.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

RBX posted:

Ok, just making sure. Haven't really been in a mood for music until recently. Anybody else have those periods where you don't wanna listen to new music/anything?

Yes.I go years without wanting to listen to anything, and then all of a sudden I devour everything in sight and do nothing but listen to music.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Pretty sure I have a crush on JID and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

My mom took me to see Run-DMC in the late 80’s I think? I wasn’t very old and remember little about it except being surrounded by a lot of people and dancing.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I listened to a lot of Sage Francis, Personal Journals hit me pretty hard at the time. I went back and re-listened to some of his stuff recently, and while he's a good writer, he conveys incel levels of insecurity imo and the 'ironic' misogyny isn't funny to me anymore. The two themes do not paint a nice picture.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 7, 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

MASSA is loving fantastic imo. I’m about half way through the album and haven’t heard anything approaching a bad track yet.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

drat. I haven't sat and listened to a new release like that in a while. I think the new Tyler is real good. 5 thumbs up.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 25, 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

That loving beat. God drat.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Safari reminds me a bit of DOOM and I’m here for it. It may be my favorite song on the album.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

It's like a religious take on Nearly God, but missing the entire point and not good.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Kanye is the only celebrity I’ve met and it was kinda cool. I was at a big beer conference with my old boss and during a small after hours gathering one of his handlers or whatever asked one of the big corporate dickheads hosting the party if Kanye could join. He’d pay for the evening on the condition no one give him any poo poo about being Kanye.

He showed up like an hour later with a bunch of expensive champagne and introduced himself. He was super friendly and fun and I’ve felt awful for him ever since. I legit think he was lonely and just wanted to hang out with some regular people lol

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus I’m enjoying the gently caress out of Montero lol.

That first song is amazing.

Edit: I’d move into a stadium too if I had the means and the muse was sweet talking me there. If you’re in that flow state, why not. Lol

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 28, 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Are we supposed to feel like we are at church or some poo poo now

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Church of the please moon crash into this bitch because god drat

My sound keeps cutting out and I thought it was just awkward silence lol

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 6, 2021

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Bruuuh was released last year, right? That song is loving fantastic, he tears it up imo. The Game doesn’t do a lot for me either, but the lyrics are good and I’m excited for his next release.

I’m jonesing for new Earthgang and JID albums.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I’m posting this because it’s been stuck in my head for DAYS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFBqxjhUcZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

is pepsi ok posted:

Freddie had to show Drake how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_jVNoxlso

I like his dis on Kendrick lol