Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dexo posted:

There are artists who have 100% of my respect. Jay Z is one of them.

I don't care how hit or miss their work has been recently. I will always be down to listen to a Jay Z album.

I liked probably about half of MCHG. And will probably have a couple of songs on 4:44 I will gently caress with.

I'm not expecting greatness or anything, but Jay Z is a legend in the game and that alone will get him a couple of spins.

Like I haven't hosed with a Wayne project in loving years and years, but I will always give it at least one spin. Ditto with Jeezy.

in related news

Public Enemy's new album is free until the end of the 4th of July. it's pretty much exactly what you would expect from Old Chuck D, complete with a hilarious old guy song about how social media is like heroin (literally called SOC MED Digital Heroin).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

HorseRenoir posted:

lmao Kanye left Tidal because Jay was screwing him out of over $3m http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/02/kanye-west-jay-z-tidal-money-lawsuit/ gently caress Tidal, gently caress Jay Z

also Chance seems like a nice guy but I'm super tired of how fake and manicured his image has gotten since Acid Rap, while he constantly brags about being an "independent" underdog artist

he's literally the barack obama of rap

he's a man of the people lets just ignore the entire democratic partyindustry throwing all their money behind him

but he's so loving charismatic

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, for some reason Tyler always came off as a dude who didn't really give a whole lot of fucks about sex. a lot of the loving in his music was violent or parodic and the actual emotional content was mostly about him being lonely in a more emotional way.

Tyler is dope as gently caress tho so good for him. I really like his music while recognizing he's not for everyone, but he's a great loving producer and I want to see him succeed.

edit: also the reaction is split down the middle between "uh duh" and "holy poo poo wtf" which is kinda funny.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 12, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Sweeper posted:

The new Tyler album is my favorite of the year I think, I really like "see you again"

He talks a lot about cars, but I guess he knows it since he talks about how much he talks about cars?

I am a big fan of Tyler's instrumental tracks, great producer

have we considered the possibility that Tyler isn't coming out as gay, but as someone who really likes sticking their dick in a tailpipe?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I AM BRAWW posted:

brockhamtpn is a fuckin industry plant

brock hampton is basically someone who listened to a couple Odd Future albums and said "hey i like these guys but they shouldn't rap about raping and killing people"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this song is going to be everywhere this year and by this time next year every pop star is gonna have a Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis credit on their album like it's 1992 again

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

to answer the question that immediately sprung to my mind:

Kanye/Kim/Kanye's aunt/two of his cousins
vs.
Kris/Khloe/Kourtney/Kris' mom/a Cousin-dashian

So no Caitlyn, no one related to Caitlyn by blood. Team West is gonna mop up.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it seems unfair to include the album tracks in there but Take One For The Team is the one i listen to the most that isn't on MBDTF

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Someone should paint a portrait of this moment and call it “Picture of Man with his Mother-in-Law”. Ye looks so unhappy (which makes sense given that he’s in the proximity of Kris Jenner).

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

do we know where drake was when that guy drove that car into people in Toronto?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Dexo posted:

Wait are we talking about Bruno Mars now?

Nah he made an honest to god 1992 album in 2016

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

temple posted:

i love childish but he has flaws. lyrically the song is dumb but who gives a poo poo. the video is fire.

i just don't know why his rear end cleavage (pause) is showing tho. he's a director, he knew that poo poo was visible.

if you looked like donald glover wouldn't you show off as much as possible?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

temple posted:

i really want her to win but she stays in poo poo. might want to wear some eye protection before watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au8QGTiPhEw

she has such good taste in music and such terrible, terrible taste in everything else

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Azalea Banks, in February 2016 posted:

Ok so, I think I'm ready to admit that I'm going to vote for Donald Trump ... I think Trump is the only one who truly has the balls to bust up big business. Hilary is too tied in with them and Bernie has no clout ... In conclusion, I think Donald trump is evil like America is evil and in order for America to keep up with itself it needs him ... And to sum up my rant: I am saying that politicians are inherently evil, I trust the one who is most transparent.

Azalea Banks, in October 2016 posted:

I made a major mistake endorsing toupey-toupee. Women’s rights are important and we must protect them. I feel so dumb for ever having added my two cents to this election mess. I tried being a vigilant citizen, seeing as being up on it seemed to be the responsible thing to do… but instead I alienated loads of my fans and followers. I deeply regret mixing music and politics as I am now finding it nearly impossible to keep up with the election and the media frenzy.

Azalea Banks, in November 2016 posted:

I must say that I am TRULY inspired by this and feel deep amounts of vindication. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy (even though I fronted a few times) liberals run hollywood and it's been a COLD WORLD OUT HERE FOR ME AS A TRUMP SUPPORTER. Best of luck on everything and thanks again.

Azalea Banks, in January 2017 posted:

the worst part is I'll still listen to 212 regularly because it bangs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

oh I didn't mean in a racial way, I was grouping him in with the Polanskis and Woodys.
I guess what Bowie is guilty of a lot of like, 70s white rockstars are guilty of...I just don't really give them the "It was another time" pass for the whole...12 year old "groupies"

well I guess with Bowie she was 15, but there were DEFINITELY more than her and when people start splitting hairs they come off like this and imo it's a bad look:

he's not R. Kelly but I mostly like to use him as a bludgeon against judgmental white people because they'll give up their David Bowie from their cold dead hands

i'd be willing to guess that if you listened to a classic rock station for 24 hours you would hear nothing but bands/artists that hosed a whole bunch of 13-16 year olds during their heyday, and like, Stevie Nicks and Bruce Springsteen.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i cannot wait for the Heaven's Gate v Lil Uzi Vert intellectual property law case

Can you own intellectual property if you are a suicide cult whose population (save for a few people who weren't loving stupidwere left behind to spread the word) killed themselves 20 years ago?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Banks is a really lovely person but Elon Musk has enough power and money that he can ruin a whole lot more people's livelihoods by being an anti-labor, GOP funding, press hating shitfuck techbro than Azealia can by voting for Trump and being racist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i'll bump hi bich in my car but you'll never be able to convince me that a Bad Bhabie concert will not be filled with the worst people

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

if there were an actual sentient universe-controlling figure that gave a poo poo about rap Post would be dead and Mac Miller would still be kickin

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

40 lbs to freedom posted:

the family has a track record

Ye and Odom were hosed before becoming Kardashians, and Kanye's mental health was probably not helped by the mother of his children being tied up and robbed at gunpoint while half a world away

you don't have to like Kim but blaming her for what Kanye is right now is stupid. I'm sure she'd probably prefer that her husband wasn't out there stumping for rapists and gross-rear end men too

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Bob NewSCART posted:

Nah he actually called bush out on TV during katrina if your memory has escaped you. He wasn’t literally sucking the balls of an old white loving idiot using him as a photo op back in the day lmao

but he was in that victim mindset, thinking like someone with a welfare mentality, you know? he's totally not terrible now, but he was bad before. seriously Kanye West literally used the words "Welfare Mentality" a few months after talking about "black on black crime"

man's been watching too many chuds on youtube IMO

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

remember 2 days ago when y'all were talking bout 80s rappers who were good?

well look who showed up to drop some bars on Mariah's new album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgSQBdtH9Ko

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Marching Powder posted:

not just that, at the start of this month he dropped a single out of nowhere that has got... 11k listens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2Vr1hphjs

on the one hand i think it's very impressive that he sounds basically the same as he did back in the early 90s but on the other hand i wish he had not just held his iPhone up to the speakers in the studio and recorded it straight to Youtube because it sounds awful

edit: someone should make a movie about Slick Rick's life because he's a a pretty interesting one as far as rappers go. Wrote the "Yesterday" of hip-hop (as far as samples/covers/references go), went to jail for 5 years at arguably the height of his career because the guy his mom hired to be his manager (his cousin) was a lunatic who kept trying to rob and threaten him, and Rick eventually shot him in self-defense. Then he had to deal with immigration bullshit for years and years whenever he wanted to leave the country and almost got deported before the governor of New York granted him a full pardon, and he finally became a full US citizen two years ago.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 21, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol she went to mister "Uptown Funk" and said "that Kacey Musgraves is stealing my thunder, make me a song like that" and she got a pale imitation

edit for something more on topic: before I die I want one more Odd Future tape. as a white kid basically Tyler's age they were what really cemented me as a hip-hop fan and now that they've all started to really mature and develop their sound I just want one more mixtape where we get Earl and Tyler and Frank and The Internet and Hodgy and Domo and Casey Veggies and everybody. One more Oldie for the road is all I ask

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 1, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

A soundtrack album to a Spider-Man cartoon that has lots of hip hop on it?????

there's a bunch of new poo poo from a bunch of different artists, it's like the third movie soundtrack this year that basically sent out a mass text asking "yo you wanna be on this" after Black Panther (which, to be fair, was a whole cohesive project from Kendrick) and Creed 2 (which was basically an attempt to get the Guinness record for "most artists on a single movie soundtrack"

also surprise that dead woman-beater that everyone still likes is a "special guest" on the Ty Dollar Sign/Lil Wayne song on the Spider-Man soundtrack, because nothing says "fun for the whole family" like that fuckin' dipshit what got shot

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzi24Nssiow

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol "a source close to Kanye" only one man talks like that and his name rhyme with Wanye Kest

what a chode

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BJ2qGwTVLw

look at this poo poo. Yo-Yo, MC Lyte, Naughty By Nature, A Tribe Called Quest, Fu-Schnickens, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Gang Starr, Das EFX, Wu-Tang Clan, KRS One and Mad Lion, all coming together to send the Arsenio Hall show off with a bang

cool as gently caress and ends with Ghostface yelling "The Black Man Is God" at the audience. (I found this in a really cool article by Naima Cochrane about Arsenio's impact on black culture in the early 90s.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

that Denzel Curry RATM video sent me down a Youtube hole of other covers from that show and this is the best thing I found (it's pretty loving amazing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcclBGKAMw

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm gonna be in LA next week, wanna get in the right headspace. who should I listen to, from the last 4 or so years? Kendrick is obvious and I've got Greedo and G Perico but I know there's lots more out there

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this guest verse on Girls Need Love is the most Drake-rear end poo poo

quote:

You don't really call on me like you should
Link up, I'll roll through the hood
Problems, but everything's all good, my love
Your nigga doesn't want smoke with me, nah, no way
Trust me, it's all okay, trust me, it's all
You just need some, someone that's calm and patient
Submission, domination
Arched back, deep stroke
White wine, weed smoke
That's my best combination
You just need some dick with no complications
You just need some, you just need some
Late night attention, uncondition
All that you're missing, my babe
hosed up, shouldn't even have to justify
I get it, I'm on your side, guys get their way all the time
Besides, pleasure not meant for one side
You should just do what's best for your mind
How 'bout I just take my time?
You call up my line, I fall up inside you
Girls need love, too, I know

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Unfortunately Mystikal being a serial rapist makes his songs less fun. Just listen to James Brown

yep, because James Brown definitely never did anything bad to women

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LAPD saw what was going on in Chicago with Jussie and decided that they weren't gonna let CPD take the 2019 Shittiest Police Force award without a fight

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This is definitely the funniest episode yet. Especially if you love rappers roasting the gently caress out of kenny

vince staples is one of the funniest dudes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Marching Powder posted:

I thought that was Alan Moore for a second. Rick Rubin is good too I guess.

man now i'm bummed that El-P isn't helping Moore write a diss track on DC Comics

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

they have the lyrics and collab information about IGOR up on Genius, so I present to you:

A Full List Of The People Who Show Up To Do poo poo On IGOR
Tyler, The Creator
Lil Uzi Vert
Kali Uchis
Playboi Carti
Dev Hynes
Charlie Wilson
Jerrod Carmichael
Frank Ocean
A$AP Rocky
Santigold
Kanye West
Pharrell

edit: apparently CeeLo shows up somewhere too? I dunno

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it's pop music loving everyone is a plant, it's a giant goddamn greenhouse

but her music is still good

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

40 lbs to freedom posted:

literally nothing on earth ages a dusty old internet nerd like their steaming hot billie eilish takes

like Lana Del Rey before her, she has the ability to infuriate a certain type of music nerd

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

3peat posted:

People posting WE THE SECOND BEST at dj khaled is really funny to me

https://twitter.com/Pink_Marse/status/1136663192661299200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3XPxRG6fI

Denzel's all into smoothies and anime lmao

dude made multiple DBZ references on Zuu (I'm pretty sure the title is a Majin Buu reference) this is unsurprising

edit: this is just Alien's "look at my poo poo" monologue turned into Content