Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What’s the threads take on Saint Jhn? He’s neither the greatest rapper or singer but somehow his vibe really works for me.

Unfortunately I dig his old stuff more than the two actual albums but both of those have some bangers as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s how I discovered him and I thought it was a dope song at the time but now I think it’s the worst version and the original is the best followed by the remix with Future.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m not a huge Posty fan but he did a Bud Light benefit concert a few years ago and he performed Return of the Mack with no auto tune or anything and it was really good.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Have any of you watched that Wu Tang drama that's on Hulu? How is it?

It’s loving awesome and last weeks episode was legitimately an all time episode of great tv.

Edit - Tonight’s episode was really good as well.

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 7, 2021

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just throw MGK on there and I’ll vomit before even pressing play.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s been non stop excellent for the last 3 eps but yeah, episode 6 was an all timer for any show.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Also I realize you can avoid the white and pretending to be Muslim stuff but Wu-Tang from the same era is chock full of F bombs.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

See you say that, but just in the past few days we’ve had someone say they didn’t know if Busta Rhymes was good and then someone asking if people remember Crunk.

Speaking of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-h68sAFsFUg

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Meth loving rules. I’ve been revisiting the Wu quite a lot lately and have realized I was completely sleeping on Deck.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

How Christ-like!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He’s a lovely jackass but he hires good people who do good work, generally

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
drat, just rolled out on 85 South huh?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Never cared much for G-Unit but Buck is good poo poo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

This Juice WRLD doc on hbo is pretty good. Lots of good footage and you get a real sense for how absolutely hosed up he was the entire time.

The same about the DMX doc except I thought it sucked.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yes, I love Saint Jhn but I can’t tell you why.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Need it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Will Apple Music ever get Future - How It Was because I loving love that song and I hate having to listen to it on YouTube

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Coulda done with out fat 50 but otherwise pretty good.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wouldn’t have guessed post GRoDT 50 would be popular in this thread.

Other than Straight Outta Ca$hville and the first few Game albums I’m good with never hearing any of it again. The Massacre was really really bad imo.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kanye has also taken to hanging out with Antonio Brown another accused sexual assault man and complete rear end in a top hat.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s my kind of performer, hell yeah.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My 14 year old daughter and all her friends listen to Kanye. That’s my anecdote!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

OH WORD SON posted:

Also, anyone seen this yet? I'm sure it's been posted but hot drat this got me

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IdNxeepSpuk&feature=share

Pro click.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

bows1 posted:

The crowd was 60% 13 yr olds and 40% 35 yr olds. I was not expecting so many kids and their parents.

My 14 year old and her best friend are going on Saturday with her 35 year old mom so can confirm!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

RBX posted:

I was shocked during the Travis Scott stuff that people were taking and going with kids as young as even 7 to these shows. Never in my life would my kids be at these, yes I'm judging.

I was trying to find an East 1999 Eternal shirt and all I could find was kid sizes.

First thought: Who would let their kid listen to this stuff?! (Realizes I was like 11 when I was listening to it daily)

Oh… right.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ll see you when I get there… if I ever get there…. If I ever get there!!!!!!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m glad everyone can enjoy the Wu-Tang Clan. Even corny middle aged white folks (thank god).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just ordered tickets to Wu-Tang :cool:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Coast Contra are opening for Dave Chapelle and if I get nothing else from this thread, thank you for introducing me to them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

RBX posted:

Thread bad. And dumb. And deaf?

When I bookmarked this thread I opened it to page 600 and something and it was right when TPaB had been released and it was the exact same reaction.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We Cry Together owns.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

bows1 posted:

you are sleeping on Rich Spirit, its the best song on the album

It really is.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Besson posted:

Noz remains undefeated

He just said they succeeded?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t like it as much as GKMC or even drat. but it gets better every time I listen to it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have way less of a problem with Eminem being #1 than I do NF, MGK, and the Beastie Boys being anywhere near that list at all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Speaking the Beasties in the same negative breath as MGK is almost as bad as that list.

I do not care for the Beastie Boys, at all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Actually you’ll be pleased to know he is going to start rapping again now that he “saved rock music”.

But yes you’re absolutely right, they deserve much more respect than sorry rear end MGK.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
ATLiens for me. Just unskippable banger after unskippable banger.

I accept that Aquemini is considered the better album but I’ve never understood it personally. ATLiens is my all time favorite.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Didn’t know it existed but I know what I’m listening to on the way to work today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The new Method Man is good and I think it was a wise decision to have so many features.