Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

The surface 2 has the fancy Wacom digitiser in it though. surely it can be a decent graphics tablet?

edit actually nevermind, read some anandtech and it turns out the latency is awful.
:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

you can feel the genuine advantage when you boot back into os x

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

computer parts posted:

wasn't it just a link to a webpage in xp
the first of many windows phone apps

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Clockwerk posted:

any application can hijack focus at any time. what a lovely feature for generating a predictable user experience.
i like how when a popup steals focus but i'm typing and never see what it said

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they're going to rename "microsoft", "windows", "internet explorer", and "one" because they've been using all of them far too long

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:lol:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

windows is trying to be even lower end than android in order to gain any kind of market share at all
while still charging for windows

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

does win 8.1 minesweeper have ads and achievements

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Windows One with Bing!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

windows 9 will be called windows one

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i wish destiny was out so i could read about how terrible it is and all the iyg (inspect your games) delusion

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hey sarah

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

lol i forgot about that

you know MS would rewrite it again

Minecraft only on Windows 9 with Internet Explorer for Bing! with MSN Live!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hmm well you see we've discovered that giant multicolored tiles are the most effective visually so then we made the other half of the interface purely text

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a literal microsoft ad

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the start menu is stupid and should be a spotlight clone

only ms would actually have to show the results you want rather than a bunch of terrible bullshit

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

so apparently you can turn all of the live tile bullshit off in the windows 9 start menu?

http://winfuture.de/videos/Software/Windows-9-Startmenue-geht-auch-ganz-ohne-Live-Tiles-12912.html

of course you still have to buy a whole new os for this lmao

also you have to unpin them all one by one :allears:
how long until someone finds the numerous security issues with live tiles in the start menu

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Nope.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

I got a shot of the Surface Array of Failure

not seen: anyone interacting with a surface
hahaha those look so trashy
next microsoft is going to whine they they aren't using them on air and the nfl is going to return keep the $400 mil and tell them to go gently caress themselves

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's in chapter 2 of my ms/nfl fanfiction
please click here to buy the ebook

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that image could not have any more ads in it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

next week they'll be facing outwards running bapco benchmarks
lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

microsoft introduces pop up ads on tv
only with kinect

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

they described halo as being "hardcore"
"hardcore" is what terrible people i.e. "gamers" think is a good adjective

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

insert design is right

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

larping and hating your dads

tru metal

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

hating on GWAR is like hating on the Harlem Globetrotters.
i don't even know what gwar is

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

looks like 2015 is the year of windows 7 on the desktop

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i cant get over how some of the icons dont use the metro theme every time a windows 8 screenshot is posted. its like they gave up half way through remaking the icons. its extremely Microsoft.
visual stuff is usually added last

but this is microsoft so it won't be added at all ever

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

THC posted:

like a really big and disorganized fossil collection
the company or the os

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ahem

female :tipshat:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

current microsoft status:

you can get everything on the left side of the image for about $700 less than the piece of poo poo on the right

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

oh i looked at the price for the i7
idk why i thought an air had an i7

regardless, ms is dumb + terrible and so is the surface

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Phoenixan posted:

windows 9 is probably going to be released as either "windows" or "windows one"
yup

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

microsoft will release windows 9, everyone will call it windows nein, then they will rebrand it to just "windows", then they will rebrand it again to something horribly stupid and confusing

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

i went to a microsoft store the other day while waiting for an apple appointment and i will tell you about it.

the surface pro 3 is really heavy. it's thick and heavy. when they said it was thin and light in the reveal keynote, they showed they have no idea what that means in 2014.

the nokia phone is also thick and heavy as hell. it's huge. it's probably thicker than the iPhone 3G. i assume it's from like 2010 and they have just been too hosed to make a phone since?

metro is barely optimized for touch. i got several "OK" or "Cancel" type prompts and they were tiny, and i missed pressing them a few times.

surface is slow. when i double tapped the pen to open One Note I looked at the title screen for like a straight 20 seconds.

the sales person showed off the pen and said it could translate anything to text. i asked "how do you do that?" and it took her quite a while to outline the words i wrote ("hi redmond"), navigate to the right ribbon tab, find the item, and then it didn't work for some reason and she re-circled just one word this time and repeated.

there's a starter pack thing for $299 that includes "Office 365" but when i probed about it, it was actually 1 year of office 365 (maybe that's technically a given since it's office "365"?)

i swiped from right to left to reveal the hidden right menu, then swiped the opposite way to hide it again, but that doesn't work. you swipe from right to left to hide it too. it's like designing a car where you press on the gas to go, then press on the gas to stop too. how can they gently caress that up??
this brought me pleasure

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

i liked breaking bad until they made it clear that vince gilligan is also rooting for walter white instead of praying for him to finally lose like i was

similar feelings were experienced when i realized that, no, fight club was not straight up satire of modern reactionary hypermasculinity
walter did lose

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

xbox one plus one HD-but-for-real-this-time-maybe

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wandows 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

9 would have had to be a good version so they're skipping it and releasing trash as ten

• Locked thread