Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

shadow puppet of a posted:

in other news a 5 year old in england became microsoft certified for workstations or something
Only found out about this because of butthurt cjs on Facebook. Had myself a hearty lol.

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

cremnob posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/15/ibm-mac-support/

this is the IT janitor's worst nightmare

lol at the Windows janitors trying to argue this in the comments

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

onedrive for (poo poo) business

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i like the part where it says (not shut down) because "shut down" in w10 is some stupid hybrid sleep garbage that doesn't actually reset the operating system

that really messed me up for a while because my weird olde habit is to always use shut down instead of restart when i'm doing things that require restarts. feels like i need to give the computer a chance to cool down for 30 seconds before booting it back up again yknow. but anyway that kind of "restart" doesn't count as a restart for any purpose that requires a real restart since microsoft started this poo poo

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

Fun Shoe

Call Me Charlie posted:

my sources say.

my contacts say

my contacts say

from what my sources are saying

Update: "We have nothing to share," said a Microsoft spokesperson.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-coming-windows-10-cloud-release-may-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-cloud/
we get it, your uncle works at Microsoft

• Locked thread