Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Rahu posted:

Visual Studio is a good windows-only thing.

I think thats about it.

lol if you wanna make .net poo poo like it's 2007 then sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

is the staunch windows cj becoming the new greybeard

"windows xp is all anyone will ever need" --- bill s. gates, 1997

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Rename thread to "employment.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and sticky

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Microsoft is the company that, right after launching the XBox 1 (the other one) in Japan, they immediately laid off people; not realizing what a cultural taboo that is in Japan and set themselves up for failure for every subsequent launch in Japan after that

can't read this without hearing "square just shot themselves in the foot"

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i just googled this and it's funny in the enraged gamer way but not what i meant. the japanese public aren't very receptive to american companies and Microsoft didn't bother to think "lets wait a few weeks after the xbox 1 launch before firing a bunch of Japanese people since people here are already iffy about us"

i don't think any Japanese businessmen or the general public gave a poo poo that yet another trash FF game is cross platform lol

Microsoft didn't bother to do undergrad level of research when trying to win over a country

i get what you mean, japan's pretty much a place of working at the same company until you retire right?

hell just in general that's an incredibly disrespectful practice

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

if it's a 5 year deal i wonder if they'll ever actually get new tablets or just use the same ones in 2019

they're probably the rts they wrote off too

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

univbee posted:

Same ad, English version localized for Singapore (same as previous ad but "Friends" are renamed with generic Singapore names)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UJUVDiFhk8

also sped up by 33% for some reasosn

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

i guess singapore has smaller regular ad spots?

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Careful Drums posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Performance-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B0007Z1M50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407418635&sr=8-1&keywords=mx518

out of production Logitech mx518 that once sold for $30

now one hundred and nine point nine five us dollars from some dbag hoarder

logitech how are you not producing these anymore this is the best mouse there ever will be

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g400s-optical-gaming-mouse

lovely 'skin' but the same thing really

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Origin posted:

pffff, enter the pro zone!

can i play marble madness using that thing

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

homo punching bag posted:

lmao where is this from??? jfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foNk8BgIbuo

the most shameful video

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

qirex posted:

mad about cheevos

im the "up to 3%" cashback on games if u've spent hundreds if not thousands of hours getting achievements

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

im the $2 back if you buy a full priced game

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

bing it up your rear end

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

wait i thought arrow was like medieval stuff? weird

also i like the usage of "my tablet" in the first one and the really non-descriptive language about it except for "kickstand"

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

suite thread you got here

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i dont think it had any storage on the cheap one at launch

you were supposed to use those memory cards

it also only came with composite cables and a wired controller

i believe the launch arcade came with a 256mb memory card, that was it

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

cause otherwise you wouldn't have been able to save at all

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://blog.theilluminatedsquid.com/post/94215585076/10-years-in-games-sorry-for-all-the-ads

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

im the south sandwich trench

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Phoenixan posted:

even if you own some weird hodgepodge of devices like a windows & a mac & an android & an ipad you can still have all your stuff sync via safari, chrome, or firefox just fine and relaly using any browser but ie makes your life way easy

i never really bothered with chrome syncing before but i did it today cause i needed to do some hangouts thing and holy gently caress having extensions and poo poo come over is both really cool and fairly scary

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Last Chance posted:

haven't they been doing chrome syncing since 2010

i did it on my phone when chrome first came out for ios but eh, never bothered on my laptop before

just didn't know how much came over

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

little things amaze me i guess

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

i like how people thought that windows 9 logo was legit when the windows text isn't in the correct font (segoe)

guhhhhhhh, loving ignorant dipshits

bluhhhhhh

yeah it's not like microsoft has been wildly inconsistent w/r/t design before

bastions of design integrity, they are

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

ahmeni posted:

when the gently caress is Skype going to put up a drat api

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12322/is-skypekit-being-discontinued

they did

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Sudo Echo posted:

why is it they can't do better than irc

wonder if it'd be possible to do a company-wide irc network with like a specially built client that grabs messages sent while you're not there from a server or something

guys im starting a new startup

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

but this one might actually have a use

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

nah this gotta be on irc to be legit

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

HipChat is our primary chat program at Dropcam. It's I.M., group chat, and funny Internet jokes rolled into an app.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

just what i want for my business, funny internet jokes

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Cardboard Box A posted:

Isn't hipchat based on irc?

looks like xmpp

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

announcers have been calling the NFL surfaces "iPads" all day just in case you were wondering if that partnership wouldn't be a joke

ahahahhaah even when they try their hardest they still end up promoting the competition

didn't they do it during preseason too? so the announcers just don't give a gently caress

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

they'll call it the Surface One cause that's how many they're going to sell

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

MSNcraft

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Phoenixan posted:

maybe they want to merge minecraft with minesweeper's new adventure mode

minesweeper creative mode

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Ghaz posted:

all you haters will be feelin silly when MS buys Minecraft and charges every 8 year old and his haggard parents $6 per DLC... pig packs, new block dlc you name it lmaoooo

you say that as if they don't already

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/dlc/Minecraft-Xbox-One-Edition/582e7bcc-11bc-4702-ab1b-b31566f8e327

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

:shrug: not sure why anyone would use this

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

i lolled pretty hard when they bought linksys and the flip camera people

lmao flip

those sure came and went super fast

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

they tacked on half an instagram to the price and the deal is now for 2.5 billion

btw this makes notch worth 1.775b not including all the other crazy minecraft money prior to now

a 1.8b one hit wonder java developer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

backlit keyboard, usable trackpad, app store you'd want to use, can be used on a lap

any advertising where you feel the need to compare a list of features with a competitor like an dyp phone buyer just ends up making you look horribly insecure.

"oh god why won't you buy me i'm just as good as him i'm such a nice guy please why do you only buy rear end in a top hat tablets for hipsters i'd treat you so much better"

• Locked thread