Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

99% of the time its because time got out of sync because some idiot got clever with the domain time config.

why is time.windows.com always 4-6 minutes behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

also that's teapot not shaggar

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

anthonypants posted:

that seems like a pretty microsoft thing to do and not "wanting to be sega"

you are a dense little child

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

it was so bad they even made their own power strip with extra spacing for all the bricks

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

bonus: the only not garbage touchpad on a small laptop

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

VirtualPC's parent company Connectix disbanded in 2003, you must be thinking of VirtualBox? VMWare Fusion?

also Paul Furrrottt eats worms

connectix virtual game station was fantastic. playin gta2 on my g3 imac was tits.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Destiny has a live action trailer and it is pretty fun, in the same vein as other PS4 ads this gen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJg1YQTkWs

If microsoft had to make this it would probably be all grimdark serious and miss the point of loving around w/ur bros in space

so cheesy it got grease stains lmao

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

minivanmegafun posted:

Adium with the office communicator plugin works mostly, but it still doesn't handle group chats

granted neither does the official client.

the Mac version is famous for doing this during our deployments:

* group chat established with like 100 people in it
* one person has their connection hiccup
* that person's Lync session re-establishes. that person sees nothing special happen, and sees themselves as rejoining the same chat, but...
* the other 99 people are forced into a brand new chat room that the reconnecting person created by reconnecting
* mass confusion/chatter about how much Lync is pure dogshit occurs until someone nukes one of the chat rooms

why is it they can't do better than irc

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

iirc the navy uses irc

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

apple once again copying xerox

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

new windows console has exciting features like text wrapping, copy/paste that works, and ~*transparency*~

lol

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

java really is the worst

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

i dunno whenever i complain about dpi scaling gently caress-ups to people, usually the answer given to me is "can't you just change the res to something smaller beause that'd fix it"

everyone's loving blind and i feel like i'm pagancow

800x600 on a 24" widescreen lcd

everywhere

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Series DD Funding posted:

bc no audiophile would ever listen to music on a mere phone. or listen to music at all really

has got dat wmd been gone so long that folks already forgot about his ipod + headphone amp rubber band setup?

fuckin kids

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the last ford I was in with sync had a big high resolution screen that was used to display menu options a single line at a time. also to connect a phone via USB required finding an option four layers deep, it wasn't in the sources list

microsoft.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

pagancow posted:

God just make the graphics look good. Pixar did it offline at 30 seconds per frame on a rendering farm the size of a building.

ps2 had toy story graphics in real time, remember??

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

cyberdog come home :(

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

oh right. I didn't think anyone liked ml enough to make that many coffee mugs for it.

i have a windows 1.0 mug, u jelly?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

MO discs were still in os x for a while, that's what the "beachball" is supposed to be.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

just because you sell video game consoles now doesn't mean you have to adopt nintendo's model for peripheral support

Nintendo is actually pretty good, you can use a GameCube controller with a wii u.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't you have to buy another $40 gizmo (that they only made like ten of, so you have to pay $90 on ebay) and it only works with one of the two wii u games

it's $20 and there's a ton of cheaper 3rd party ones like mayflash. works with any game that doesn't use motion controls.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

happy groundhog day microsoft

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

my favorite thing about the windows volume mixer is how sometimes the flash player sandbox gets stuck on having a very low volume every time it starts.

playin a youtube and the volume is maxed but it's still quiet. the only way to fix it is a magical voodoo of steps involving setting the volume then killing the process, rebooting, and doing it again. because windows.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

univbee posted:

got my 70-410 exam tomorrow. my head is way too full of microsoft insanity and i don't like it one bit

quick how many backronyms for mcse do you know

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

infernal machines posted:

lol 1gb ram.

w8 might be good with memory but it's not that good. that thing will run like an arthritic dog

how big is a w8 install anyways, 16GB is gonna be tight

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

infernal machines posted:

if that's the case then app signing is completely useless at best and a major infection vector at worst

go osx

the executable is signed, not the resources

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Necc0 posted:

we need to bring back the ~fancy marble~ skins every office application had back in the 90s

first thing that came to mind

it was legit useful before adblock plus though, just looked horrible

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

qirex posted:

if you have a sticker on your laptop you might be a literal child

i put a sticker on mine because it's impossible to tell which one is which when it's closed near any other 15" macbook made in the past 8 years

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

qirex posted:

apple also condones the music of u2 and beats headphones, that doesn't make them good

yeah whatever old man. go post on a bbs about it.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

janice from finance looked at my data and gasped, saying "oh wow, i've never seen one that long before. i hope i can fit it all into my pivot table"

"dont worry, babe. it's indexed"

keep going please

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

xp still the best windows

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

is this ww2 anime the one where the girls are ww2 planes or the one where the girls are ww2 boats ?

no it's the ww2 tanks one

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

i use the wp7 text message alert noise on my iphone. it's nice, haven't heard anyone else use it in the 3yrs it's been that way.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i worked on wmp for a few versions. we had auto rip to mp3 when you inserted a cd but had to take it out once the record labels smelled what was up. :allears:

why is ctrl+p play/pause

why

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Amethyst posted:

wtf are you talking about you retarded maniac

are you seriously saying apple sells drm free music

uh

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Amethyst posted:

you can only associate your itunes account with one type of device, and a limited number of said devices, and you cannot convert your music between formats

this is drm free, somehow

how did you not notice this

http://www.macworld.com/article/1138000/drm_faq.html

2009, plain aac files

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

it was what they called drm-free files since it was rolling, not all the labels allowed it initially. it's gone now.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

now it's all of it except for videos but you try negotiating with the mpaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Phoenixan posted:

3 years ago i refused to use macbook pros because "lol the screen is so loving glossy." but thanks to touch screens popping up on windows laptops, it's shown me that things could be so much loving worse.

matte display MBP supremacy

• Locked thread