Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

honestly at a base level i just do not respect most "work" or the output thereof. my own included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

its almost like whn people dont have to listen to awful nerds in IT whining about GPOs they prefer macs

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

double click on the folder name on the top of finder

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

shouldnt have been talking to other domains secretly

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

gartner has the magic quadrant

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

you pay them like 50k and buy lots of lunches and they put your software in it and idiots blindly purchase your garbage

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

yeah it sucks that apple only gives vendors like 10 months to identify and fix issues

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

They should be using change control processes + SCCM

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i like how microsoft goes for a more human, kawaii approach versus apple cold aluminum meme

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

im what you call a serial entrepreneur.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

qirex posted:

wow, mini microsoft comment thread getting way turbo racist

e: check this:

Lol

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Phoenixan posted:

just let the customers test a continuous open beta

a valid dev plan if the goal is to make money

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

I'm going to map this out

- Exec is lured into said position with huge signing bonus. Bonus Count: 1
- Executive's bonus criteria are to ship an iPad competitor and "build" tablet business
- Exec spends hundreds of millions doing just that with full knowledge that it's not competitive but he's meeting his written goals
- The first year passes before the product is out or has pricing or final details, exec gets giant bonus for doing a good job even if that's not true because board is full of people who don't know poo poo. Bonus Count: 2
- Tablet ships right before exec gets next bonus, probably for hitting arbitrary quarterly deadline. Do you really think it wouldn't be better for them to have waited 2 months for Flash and 4G to work? There's only one reason to release it now and that's so it can be "Q1". Bonus Count: 3
- Thing craters in the market but blame is placed on Apple, exec vows that follow-up version will be the best thing ever
- Follow-up version takes longer than expected to deliver, annual bonus for working hard in challenging conditions. Bonus Count: 4
- Follow-up ships suspiciously close to the end of a financial quarter. Bonus Count: 5
- Follow-up craters in market, board decides it's time for said executive to send more time with the family. Massive severance package ensues. Bonus Count: 6

So that's how you can make 8 figures in 3 years while failing every step of the way.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

infernal machines posted:

what do you think your new divisions budget is going to look like in a year or two?

it'll be you and the intern huddled around a mister coffee for warmth by year three

Shaggar posted:

depends on if they expect results

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

pffft, stop complaining. you can just build a vba macro to auto-fix that

microsoft meets open source

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

you can't change font or size in Skype in the new versions which is loving pathetic and makes me hate it

i was using 2.x up until recently

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

[–]TempleOfTime -16 points 1 year ago
I smell fear from a Sony fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i hope mac 2014 for the mac comes with a "print to markdown" option

• Locked thread