Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
no, microsoft has spent time meeting with networks over getting the brand mentioned and visible by sitting on those desks out there, the nfl has done its job from its point of view, it does not run the announcers or pre-game shows, it took the 400m for that creepy blue surface locker and let it be a thing that sits on the sidelines

nascar has the same problem, fox will not even mention entire races by their full sponsored name, as the sponsor is not a fox advertiser

so its a pure ms fuckup by someone thinking they had the nfl sponsorship sewn up but was then totally caught off guard when they finally realized in week 2 that they had to grease every palm the nfl product crosses along the way

it is incompetence at ms in action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
next week they'll be facing outwards running bapco benchmarks

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

the greatest tragedy of that article was not dipping into the well creative for a topper topper on Subway franchise grantor Doctor's Associates

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

more warmed over tripe from microsoft

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

can someone please confirm that windows 9 is still going to have moricons.dll included?

i cannot fathom to function a computer without that zesty little fox

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

Number19 posted:

those icons probably can't be changed because some legacy program references their size/contents/whatever in a way that the program will crash if there's a difference

the ghost of windows past will always haunt microsoft

this same unchecked hubris is what presided over the disappearance of cool.dll and its splendid menagerie of pastel shaded ps/2's

please make inquires with the appropriate german computing magazine on my behalf

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

Number19 posted:

I don't know what any of that means

if you never bought the Microsoft Plus! Pack you honestly have not lived

and i should have said ibm aptivas not ps/2s, i'm humiliated

Shadow Puppet Of fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 21, 2014

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

i had no qualms about forcing my parents to spend $50 for 65536 color icons

an ati mach 32 needs some hi octane graphics on which to breathe

incongruous windows icon schemes are terribly important to me

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

mishaq posted:

my work laptop is a fully specced out m4800 with 32 GB of ram and a quadro k2000

and a non ssd hard drive lol

i will never underestimate the malice within the it person that specs out the computers for administrative/finance departments

i saw single-core workstations being purchased long past the point when i could imagine dell would have them in stock

they must have been a special order

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

"i dont want this o&o defrag site license we bought five years ago to go to waste, no ssds, ever anywhere"

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

Phoenixan posted:

rim dies

"we just DESTROYED one of our BIGGEST competitors everyone!"

the company that claims to vanquish rim and harvest the ip organs from its corpse will also inherit its curse of throwing off all executive business focus to instead bring an nhl team to southwest ontario while everything else collapses around them

call me crazy, but now that allen has his sounders and ballmer has his clippies, do you really think satya wont be driven to distraction and want his rimmies?

big league sports have been brutal to ms leadership effectiveness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

FamDav posted:

paul allen actually part-owns the sounders

he owns the seahawks and the trailblazers tho

i was trying to work in the practice of sounding, that being urethral stimulation, into rimming to provide a homoerotic undertone for my post

but thank you for chalking it up to a lack of research instead

• Locked thread