Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

even excel for mac is better than numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

whadya mean we need to install network infrastructure in that new lab? we spent all the budget on the imacs. work something out, champ.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nice parallels

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

any business running sbs 2003 deserves to have it break. gently caress that poo poo.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

yeah i wouldnt be surprised if garbage trackpads interpret two finger scrolling internally and pass a scrollwheel command to the os instead of just sending the touch point data and letting the os not totally gently caress it up

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

are they the same monthly updates that windows phone promised?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Rename thread to "employment.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and sticky

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Athletic Footjob posted:

satya's crafty wank

post / username combo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

p sure you can guess how it worked out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

has roz ho done anything that wasnt hilariously bad? i thought presiding over a ppc version of office for two years past the intel mac release was a pretty awesome move.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

minivanmegafun posted:

speaking of office for Mac, where the hell is office 2014 for Mac?

all I want is a version of lync that has things like "tabbed windows" and "nick completion" and "can stay running for an hour straight without crashing"

probably some bullshit in-fighting from the windows department that thinks "if we make office for mac poo poo then we can sell more os licenses!"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

having said that, ipad gets mobile office apps, and windows tablets get office 2013 with slightly further spaced out buttons. maybe its giving msft too much credit to imply they are doing anything on purpose or to a plan.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

PleasureKevin posted:

release the corporate FaceTime tim

federating with facetime so your sip pbx can call iphone users (gently caress everyone else) would cause avaya to poo poo themselves, and be glorious.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

nah I think he means instead of jumping to the end of the character you just typed it moves there slowly. i assume originally the characters faded in as well until someone managed to stop that bullshit.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

qirex posted:

office 2015:
[list]
[*]default paste behavior is "without formatting"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

just a reminder that outlook on mac has no issues opening shared exchange calendars, and showing them all on the same view. but all the events will be blue, and you can't change this.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I want to like omni apps but the price tag that they pick for them, combined with having to buy the ios versions separately and then having to buy upgrades can gently caress off.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

Officials from the country's copyright authority asked Microsoft in late 2013 to set prices according to China's situation, improve its services and consider the interests of the country's users of its software.

make your software cheaper. also please do more china-specific stuff.

lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i'd assume marketing counts as cost of sales but this is microsoft so who knows

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

im on my 4th logitech performance mx, the other 3 had a hosed scroll wheel. this one is still a bit badly built but i couldnt be bothered to deal with it anymore.

shaggar is right, its a bag of crap.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

work (folders) set you free

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

duTrieux. posted:

i still think a kiosk that lets you select what software you want before disgorging said software on a microsoft-branded flash drive after payment would be totally rad

put in a clear window so you can see robot arms whipping around and poo poo

that or some sort of app store that wasn't a barren wasteland

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Blackula69 posted:

flat at 1 percent.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shaggar posted:

yeah apple is totally hosed up. if you buy a mac not only do you have to go out and get a copy of windows you also have to get a mouse and keyboard because they don't come w/ working ones by default.

oh shaggar :allears:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

he can definitely dunk, just not basketballs

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

only ms could launch a new service and have it end up halfway down the page of google results when you search for the name, and forget to make a version for their own platform.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

rofl $400+

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

bring back old browser error messages (that would report dns issues etc)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

graph posted:

• sassy swiping. getting things done with just the touch of you're finger types

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW_lWMy2Cic

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

you can feel the genuine advantage when you boot back into os x

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

homo punching bag posted:

"I used to watch that show Dinosaurs all the time when I was a kid, so when I found out the baby grew up and wanted to buy a basketball team I considered the offer."

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Internaut! posted:

surface 3 is such poo poo, manages to be worse than surface 2 in practically every way

screen is garbage, they got rid of glass to make it lighter or something with the result that when you press on it with the pressure sensitive pen, the colours get all distorted

fan runs all the loving time compared to the surface 2

3d definitely feels worse, maybe some power saving thing? maybe it expects me to manually janitor video settings every time I want to do something in 3d?

they changed pen suppliers from wacom (knows what they're doing) to random china company no one's heard of (doesn't), feels exactly like going from a mac trackpad to a windows trackpad - in theory everything works the same but feels like poo poo

amazing

click in

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the worst adverts.

"its not poo poo guys honest!!!! please buy one"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

any advert that is created for the purpose of saying "please take another look at the platform you wrote off" is pretty hampered from the start

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its obviously down to marketing why ie11 renders text like total poo poo in windows 8

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

beta tested in the future

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Scott Forstall posted:

everything but hardware. OEM relations has to be the worst place to work

when lenovo announces a 22" battery powered windows tablet do you think they laugh, cry, or drink? because saying "no don't" wasn't an option.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i think dozens is a bit optimistic. I asked microsoft uk where i could get some pricing information for a project i was doing for someone a few years back, and they didn't have a clue.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

once you have a mac with an ssd and an i5 you have to have some pretty specific needs for it to no longer suit them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

yeah if you knocked the table the image would wobble because it was projected. the image would slightly wobble all the time anyway just because projectors aren't that precise and all it would take was a slightly off balance fan.

• Locked thread