Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

THC posted:

yeah im not a big metal guy but I enjoy the big arena shows with costumes and gimmicks and violence

saw rammstein a couple years ago and their setup was something else. would love to see gwar someday

Metal with costumes and gimmicks you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Fabricated posted:

gallant creates software that is ran on the vast majority of computers, and retires to give billions of dollars to eradicating disease

goofus stabs everyone he has ever worked with in the back, pretends his estranged daughter doesn't exist, then dies of a treatable form of cancer because he thinks patchouli enemas and crystal therapy are medicine

yah but gallant has no taste

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
the frys in woodland hills is themed to alice in wonderland

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Miley Virus posted:

thats official

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Cocoa Crispies posted:

but ATP is insufferable because marco is a really really stupid but nobody tells him he's wrong ever

richpeople.txt

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
im super bummed Siracusa didn't get a ticket to WWDC this year

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

to be fair what purchase of a xbone hasn't been a mistake

oh poo poo and right after their earnings call!

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
microsoft offering a "sweet solution" to apps 7 years later

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
who is this for at this point?

its an abyss of advertisements, niche middle management use cases, and an echo chamber of consulting feedback

this is truly everything and nothing

i cannot imagine a single user finding pleasure in any of this

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
the desperation for developers to make apps reeks

its like a neglected wife who wants her husband to find her desirable again so she starts drilling holes all over her body in the hopes that his dick falls into one of them eventually

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
remember when microsoft released the original gigantic table surface for.... restaurants? conference rooms? homes for a dozen rich people?

and then apple released the same technology in a 4 inch phone for consumers and became more profitable than the entirety of microsoft?

and how microsoft is releasing a gigantic head unit to interact with the real world for.... architects? robot hobbyists? a dozen rich people?

and apple released technology to interact with the real world with a device that fits on your wrist for consumers.............

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
"weve made a huge departure from internet explorer. we're going to completely rebrand this product so that consumers will use it again"

*makes the logo so similar to ie no normal user will ever tell the difference let alone know it has a new name*

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
windows x will have file encryption as an iap

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

THC posted:

this is actually the most genius idea ive ever had, brb going to implement this and join the 1%

its the sneetches in code form

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
also it seems that the market for windows 10 is enterprise and poor people who don't want chromebooks. what a fantastic demo with lots of overlap surely no conflicts will arise from this!

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

computer parts posted:

remember when they tried to sell office365 by saying "yeah you work during your kid's soccer game anyway"

does anyone have that info graphic?

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

LastInLine posted:

i mean its just incredible that you could take 90s microsoft and turn it into... whatever they are now. like previously you could look at 70s-90s gm as an example of a completely dysfunctional organization making gobs of money selling things that will always at least be in some demand slowly destroying itself through bad decisions but they had labor tensions and competent competitors and externalities that eventually killed them whereas microsoft is a case purely of top down mismanagement. when your organization is more dysfunctional than 70s general motors holy poo poo thats a loving achievement on some grand human scale

it makes a lot more sense when you realize ballmer's dad was a manager at ford. if you take a salesman who grew up in the Detroit auto world and applied it to a software technology company present-day Microsoft is exactly what you get.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

PleasureKevin posted:

he's gonna operate a hedge fund for ballmer or something

out of touch baby boomers unite!

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
how stella got her zune back

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

is someone clawrring me?

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

that guy must love baldurs gate dark alliance

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
you'd have a license to print money if you made siracha flavored tequila. give fireball a run for its money with the hipsters and pussies who can't drink straight liquor.

someone give me 10% i'm just the ideas guy

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

MrMoo posted:

Anything RMS can do, Microsoft can do better ...

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Triglav posted:

Microsoft for the first time calculates its OS license fee based on a device’s display size, memory capacity and HDD/SDD storage capacity. The formula also factors in device type and will be different for tablets, notebooks and desktops. DRAMeXchange reports the current price difference between notebooks carrying 2GB memory modules and the mainstream 4GB memory modules is close to US$20. Since margins for notebook products are generally low, some vendors are studying ways to avoid higher Windows license fees. One way is to equip low-priced notebooks with 2GB memory. Another option for vendors is to negotiate with retailers about the possibility of upgrading memory at the retail end.

Microsoft’s new license fee formula and the demands from the computer vendors have forced DRAM manufacturers to make plans to restart production of 2GB modules, which were originally destined to be phased out. Presently, both Samsung and SK Hynix are able to provide 2GB memory solutions to their clients. Micron’s 2GB products are also at verification stage and will be available on the market later.

this is well thought out!

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

shadow puppet of a posted:

i like the idea behind the microsoft display dock but ms are squeezing it out 4 years too early like a bad poo

it should be a wireless charger your place your phone on that sends out functional wireless display tech signal and bluetooths your mouse and keyb, then gives you full osx, full windows or um, whatever counts as full chrome-the-os

this is just a bad parent on a regional late night show making their kid do dangerous stunts for the studio audience in the hopes of getting noticed by hollywood

it's a dumb idea. why not just login to the cloud to get your data like people do now? what's the point of this? you have to buy hundreds of dollars of equipment to replace a computer that costs the same amount? there's no use case for this that makes sense.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
this is the equivalent to the pistachio cartel using the WInklevoss twins to sell more pistachios to people who don't give a poo poo

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

PleasureKevin posted:

when you try use chrome

when does anyone ever need to write on a webpage?

it's such a useless scenario that Microsoft won't stop bragging about

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i was showing a friend my 3d printer and it was doing it's thing so i showed him my big box of prints i hosed up or didnt end up using for whatever reason. he put on his best doc brown mad scientist voice and said like "in the future...we will be able to create garbage."

like i dont think he meant to make such a perfectly beautiful statement about where we are as a species but i didnt stop laughing for like 15 minutes and its makin my giggle atm

i guess we should've been there

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

lol, the adware is getting more aggressive. where it used to have "schedule your upgrade" and "cancel" buttons, now it says "upgrade now" and "download upgrade and install later". the only way to escape it is to alt+f4, as clicking the X just makes it reappear instantly.

someone's end of year bonus is looming

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

quote:

Despite three major firmware updates, most of Surface Book’s reliability issues remain. It refuses to sleep correctly, and oftentimes I’ll open my laptop bag to discover the misbehaving Surface Book has warmed the interior of the bag while shedding battery life. I disabled Windows Hello in the hopes that this would cure the problem, but to no avail.

they didn't understand the always on memo only applied to the xbox

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

carry on then posted:

reminder you still need to have the continuum dock for this to work

so either all of these workstations don't have a computer/thin client and do have a $99 phone accessory, or you lug it around with you everywhere you go in case you happen upon a keyboard, mouse, and monitor with no computer attached

but it's so futuristic to lug around a phone accessory so you can edit document files with more efficiency!

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, I'm really enjoying the fact calculator just obscured my results by begging for feedback

who the gently caress reviews a calculator?

are you going to be able to start reviewing file explorer or notepad?

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

gnrk posted:

"Paul Thurrott is an award-winning technology journalist and blogger with over 20 years of industry experience and the author of over 25 books."

What are the awards that Paul has won?

most likely to get divorced

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

lenovo posted:

Windows 10 operating system
Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.

i'm the totally unappealing feature that was apparently the only differentiator from Windows 7

lenovo posted:

2GB system memory
Enough high-bandwidth RAM to meet the system requirements and run basic programs, but not many at once.

and here i'm the admission of uselessness

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Pinterest Mom posted:

please don't harass my blue naked big titty lady

maybe they shouldn't have based their ai on a nerd sex object???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
both used windows in their last console...

• Locked thread