Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Alan Wake 2 can't be a serious game if they use the term ''Dark Place' and not expect a knuckle supper?

I don't recall anyone praising the first game for any part where you had to physically use the gamepad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8MsYislXJg

Not to spoil too much but it completely works for the tone Alan Wake 2 is going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it does that on the xbox too, which is a SSD. i have a feeling it has to do with how it streams the video from the drive. hopefully they can fix it a bit, but thankfully there aren't *that* many really dialogue-heavy cutscenes that it affects

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
honestly given the poo poo they did to the Ordinary site I'm surprised they *haven't* drained the lake at this point

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CharlestonJew posted:

Control also shows that the bureau is not in control, like at all. Half the facility is overrun with extradimensional horrors even before the Hiss shows up.

The entire bureau also seems subordinate to some quasi-divine extradimensional intelligence with unclear motives, which is probably bad. Though I personally think the board entity is chill (and the first DLC is non-canon).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Here. Comes. Cults!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Feels Villeneuve Sent A Blast

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Viewers will have the opportunity to donate IAP currency to replay character deaths on the Blam Cam.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmao at this exclusive chat emoji you can get if you pre-order. Silent Hill is back.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope it massively flops so he can go back to writing Ciconia 2.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like the split character gimmick just because the different styles of level design between the indoors, more linear Alan levels and the more open Saga levels makes for good pacing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm giving Alan Wake 2 an adjusted 0/10 because nothing in it was as surreal, horrifying, or insane as watching some CEO on the verge of tears rambling about the Silent Hill Ascension monetization scheme while ambient horror music played over the interview for some loving reason

https://twitter.com/JNavok/status/1719918706992521629?t=6lUigSsmKKiVL9RFS-ZN_w&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mayor Setter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Remedy had an entire game that was an attempted mixture of live action TV show and video game. It was also bad because source material of "bad network TV Sci fi drama" wasn't compelling, but this is clearly a direction they've been headed in for some time.

You can even point to poo poo like how Alan Wake 1 had end-of-chapter end credits and musical stingers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oxxidation posted:

alan wake 2 is a horror game and every great horror game's combat must suck rear end just a little bit

Dead Space 2.... Ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Colonel posted:

i'd still argue with the idea sam barlow "rehabilitated" live action fmv, he's a popular dev in the space but the serious live action fmv game space mostly existed before him too

also all of Barlow's FMV is diagetic, the games are basically found-footage. this isn't new, like, the most infamous FMV game ever, Night Trap, was like this, but the live action cutscenes in Quantum Break and AW2 are much more in line with "classic" fmv than like, Her Story.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what about either Bloober Team, or how the SH revival project has been going so far, or Konami's history in the last few years have justified any benefit of the doubt

other than Konami's excellent Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel of course

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Len posted:

what part of this threads track record for slamming opinions makes you think it's trustworthy?

im going to slam an opinion into your rib cage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked observation and roughly 75% of stories untold (especially the radio operator chapter) but the ending totally soured me on the entire thing.

why did stories untold, returnal, and probably a few movies in the period i'm forgetting, have the same moronic twist

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Colonel posted:

silent hill is an easy example to point to but genuinely there is not a single major konami franchise that has not historically been crushed under the weight of their awful, awful management. for every series capcom stumbled with or bogged down with unnecessary garbage and their own selection of poorly chosen contract studios, konami has literally sunk every iconic franchise they own to the point they've gone years barely acknowledging some of them, not even in the token ways capcom will acknowledge mega man. poo poo, konami barely even puts as much effort into rereleases of their older games as a company like capcom will. it's absurd

i joke about Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel but it's amazing that they put out what might be the best online TCG client out of any of them, going as far as to hire the Octopath Traveler composer to do music for it. maybe they put the effort in when it comes to gacha/TCGs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the radio operator chapter of Stories Untold is amazing. just a perfect bite-sized bit of horror gaming

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the superhot plot ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the superhot plot is mostly hypnosis erotica attached to a shooting game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't imagine seeing someone who likes playing with the medium of games as much as Kojima and calling him "film-pilled". You might as well say this about Toby Fox or some poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Disgaea ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the main thing both games have in common is mediocre combat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Prey lets you turn into small household objects to run around the levels as, though, which is automatically great. Imagine if Control 2 lets Jesse roll around as an empty soda can

That would be loving bad rear end.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
James McCaffery has died.
https://www.tmz.com/2023/12/18/max-payne-star-james-mccaffrey-dead-dies-cancer/

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SOMA guy should really just be in the middle, since he's literally "just some dude".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Meowywitch posted:

Imagine not liking butt rock

I too have played Dead Rising

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Greatest butt rock moments in horror/horror-adjacent gaming

1) that turret segment in FEAR 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KlrXQAQXrA

2) WOOOOOOOA HE AINT MY BOY BUT MY BROTHA IS HEAVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Re6 is better than 7.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RE7: loves calling young girls "loving bitches", turns into an incredibly lovely version of FEAR a few hours in

RE6: has Leon, whose story consists entirely of him crashing progressively larger vehicles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
re7: you can shoot mold people with incredibly weak feeling guns or experience the worst first person melee combat ive seen in years that makes you wish you were playing Condemned 2: Bloodshot instead

re6: leon does wrestling moves on zombies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Medullah posted:

I mean, Evelyn was literally created as a bioweapon, it's not like she was a little girl who was somehow manipulated into being the big bad, she was created to kill.

so was shadow the hedgehog but nobody calls him a bitch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
spamming the "thumbs up" emote while your partner gets their rear end owned ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i know this is the most obvious and lazy criticism of the game but my god is RE7's quality frontloaded hard. like there are a lot of games that gets worse at the end levels but RE7 is maybe one of the starkest ones i've played

Buck Wildman posted:

it was Chris and Piers who wrassled them but yes suplexing a giant spider was one of the greatest feelings ever. re6 ruled especially with co-op

i think leon did like a DDP Diamond Cutter move on them