Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
COP is a pro buy for the spooks. I think RPS ranked it number 1 on their top horror game list. Not that RPS is good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I keep thinking about reinstalling The Stinking City in the hopes that maybe this time it will be better?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Thank you Zombi, I never knew I needed a loving insipid arena section in my tense zombie survival game.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Discendo Vox posted:

Condemned 2 had a much better investigation system, at the cost of basically every other potentially good feature in the game. Just...the secondary character changes alone...and the writing...It really makes it seem that Condemned 1 was a great horror game as a function of chance, rather than design.

The change to Rosa's design...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Huwie from Haunting Grounds/RE4 is the best doggo

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
green hell is balls hard

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Any of you picking up Visage in this sale?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Space Beast rips.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I didn't care for Observer at all, or any of their other games for that matter.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

al-azad posted:

You can tell You Are Empty was chasing Half-Life 2 hard but the end result is basically BioShock Infinite with far better creature designs.

If you're going to play anything published by 1C Company at least make it Cryostasis.

Not to mention Men Of War, Perimeter, Necrovision: Lost Company, Death To Spies: Moment Of Truth and the Kings Bounty games. And uh...7.62 High Calibre. Okay maybe not the last one.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMDXwlc9JkU

Love the movement/feel of this but wish it was in a "proper" game.

I dled this from itch yesterday and will definitely check it out today.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Has anyone played Visage? I played for about 15 minutes and loving hell my blood pressure couldn't take it. I'm guessing it only get more intense?

I still haven't gotten back to it. It's terrifying.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Daymare's portrayal of schizophrenia is so dumb. The game as a whole is pretty poor and edgelord as all hell. I liked the concept of playing one of these games as a merciless Umbrella type but yeesh...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I am over hide and peek, unless it's Clock Tower or a smaller experience like Monstrum.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Overblood and Countdown Vampires both start on timers.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Downpour's strength was sidequests. Still better than Origins and Shattered Memories though

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
You want bad? Countdown Vampires. That game had some interesting ideas but absolutely dreadful execution. It has gained a little following because of how odd/crappy some of the mechanics are.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Zushio posted:

Oh! Martian Gothic!

The voice acting is some next level bad. Neat little game with some big rear end flaws.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Decided to finally plow through Lost In Vivo. It's really tense.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

The giant hammer instantly gave me a flash of Lost In Vivo and Visage.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is there a recent (last three years) single player, immersive horror game I can jump into? I picked up world of horror and its great but I'm hoping to find something more pretty to creep myself out with for spooktober.

Visage

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Len posted:

Humble bundle has a spooky bundle up

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/thrills-chills

Can anyone vouch for blackout club?

I've heard it is (was?) repetitive. I'm gonna get that bundle though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Visage is now complete and released. It does delete your old saves but considering the missing content in EA that's understandable.

Lost Hope is better than Man Of Medan so far. Not a feat though...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Daymare stinks!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

al-azad posted:

So far Village has captured everything I adored in the original The Evil Within in that it's basically an anthology of horror tropes with both scares and anime bombast but without the abject spite towards the player TEW has.

EW2 owns but it is definitely missing the bonkers of the first game.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I think I'm going to beat Echo Night this month. I just discovered that Overblood 2 exists so I'll be going through the first one as well.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The new Supermassive title House Of Ashes is actually okay so far.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I adore the first Manhunt up until guns are introduced. The sequel has some gnarly kills if you played the uncut version with the mod that stops the camera from moving around during the kill. It isn't good though. The twist is so obvious that I was surprised it was presented as one? It's not even the part where nobody acknowledges your buddy, or how he gets past all the enemies you have to take out to progress. It's the part where he disappears and then talks to you like he's in your ear, without a radio or any other way of remote communication...

Apparently the twist was added very late in development, which definitely tracks.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Skyscraper posted:

PS2 or PC?

PC for me. I know the PSP has an "uncut" version but I think the camera still flails around and there is some red filter lingering. PC was crystal clear.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Chinatown Wars is a dope game. I played through it on my 3ds last week and had a ball.

I am currently making my way through Silent Hill Origins on my vita and they just gave me a tv to beat enemies with. Does the mailman show up in this one?

EDIT: this trucker has a lucky quarter

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
pyramid daddy

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
There needs to be more games revolving around slashers that doesn't just involve hide and seek. Either you are one or being chased by one, doesn't matter.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Somebody take Conan away from them. Please.

Pope Guilty posted:

I might check that out then since years of replaying Alone in the Dark have made tank controls second nature. :v:

I was playing New Nightmare last week and I very much enjoyed myself. Great production values. One day I'll finally get through Inferno...

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Nocturne (the 1999 PC game, not SMT3) is kicking my rear end. The werewolf forest was a loving nightmare.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Kenzo posted:

You have any pro-tips to get this game working correctly?

There's a preinstalled abandonware version that works on Windows 10. I won't link because it might be :filez: but you'll find it super quick with a search engine. If you want bells and whistles get Peixoto's patch.

This will help you https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Nocturne

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Hel posted:

Wow, I messed up enough that Blair Witch wouldn't even start, but then after reinstalling while still keeping the same dglvoodoo settings it just works great, runs butter smooth and no issues with the menus taking ages like in Nocturne.
Playing this as a fan of Nocturne, how much will I miss for not knowing anything about the Blair Witch?

I'd actually recommend watching the first movie first. It isn't long and it is, imo, still an interesting watch to this day. The last 15 minutes are especially memorable.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Tormented Souls is cool. Bloober STINKS.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I liked Downpour. It was definitely trying to do something. Origins is the worst imo, because its supposed to be a prequel to the first and it absolutely botches that in every way. The first didn't need a goddamn prequel, especially one not done by the same team.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I thought Marys VA was very effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Oh that post was about house of the dead, I thought FirstAidKite was just posted very heartily about something on the wrong thread

I thought the exact same thing.

0 rows returned posted:

ill take a cast of randos off the street over ever hearing troy baker in a video game again

I hate his "natural" bullshit he does now. Also his Talion was so bad in Shadow Of War that I turned on the Italian dub.