Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
They've been working on a retail release in conjunction with valve of BMS so I doubt it will ever be finished in the free version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'm the kind that likes to look at the environment and take things super slow in stealth games, this revelation along with what I've seen from the interface menu is really killing my enthusiasm for The Evil Within

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Scrub Lover posted:

New Silent Hills trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptycDmjZfU

It looks like a decent horror game but doesn't look at all like a SH game. I feel like they could have just created their own IP and it would still generate a lot of buzz due to the Kojima/Del Toro collab :shrug:

I can see they're returning to their silent hill 4 roots with the canned screams

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I hope my i5 4670K will run TEW nice (I have 4gb of VRAM)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

RightClickSaveAs posted:

DreadOut had a big update yesterday, apparently now the demo section is integrated into the main game as part of the story. Also there are engine changes which they mention are in preparation for Act 2, which means it's apparently actually happening sometime soon.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/269790/announcements/detail/250279251827804094
Came to post asking if this was worth buying for 7.50 or not

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Basticle posted:

Is this thread aware of Silent Hill: Alchemilla a Source mod being released?

I havent played it yet,.I found it via this Rock Paper Shotgun blurb
No enemies; not worth playing. Really the same goes for any so-called "horror" adventure game.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I really don't like care for the limited matchsticks in White Night, and the way the camera shifts around is disorienting and makes it more difficult to remember where unexplored doors are - I'm also the kind that likes to check ever nook and cranny but also tends to miss things (so no idea where the second knife is). I'm out of matchsticks atm (I know there's some left in the other rooms) and I think running makes them deplete faster? And sometimes they fail to light. And then for some interactables you need both hands. I assume it's insta-death when in the dark for too long. The last time I was annoyed by a mechanic like this in a horror game was Amnesia, but at least then you could get by through bringing up then quickly extinguishing the lamp to get around.

Relin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 4, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

That Tormentum game came out on Steam a few days ago. Probably poo poo (all adventure games are poo poo) but I'll watch an LP of it I guess http://store.steampowered.com/app/335000/

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Was PT set to be removed eventually from its inception? Because I just read it's going to be removed from PSN on the 29th. RIP Silent Hills

Relin fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 26, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Unplug PS4 from net, check reaction on net to see if installs get deleted from the PS4 the day after, if so play to your satisfaction until reconnecting

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Hope you actually got around to downloading PT because now you can't even if it was in your queue/"bought" on the ps store

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Streams of this Monstrum (which came out of early access a few days ago) game paint it in a bad light. I just watched a guy die with no prompt by the monster seemingly appearing behind him and killing him in one hit. I guess if you're the kind of person who likes jump scares and and aren't frustrated by permadeath its 'good'

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Does the dlc expand on why the game ends with them still being stuck in the alternate reality

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

1stGear posted:

They weren't. Ruvik successfully possessed Leslie and escaped.
But Sebastian still gets that migraine that was established to only happen to people who were within the similacrum

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

This PT thing seems kinda poo poo honestly and if I'd be real mad if it was any indication of what the next game would be like. I've read it's possible to beat it without a mic I tried the various methods for about a half hour before giving up. Puzzles were too nebulous - The 1st baby laugh triggered for me once on one attempt (after midnight, photos pieced together) then wouldn't again. It's a load off my mind to not feel like I'm missing much by SH being trashcanned. I liked this bit though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpRLoyHQHyM

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

good start to dreadout, got totally stuck within 10 minutes and had to look up a walkthrough to know there was a hidden wall

and oh god it doesnt capture the mouse, i keep losing the window by right clicking in my second monitor

Relin fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 4, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Niggurath posted:

Wait till you have to figure out the pig man or how to shoot that one lady ghost in the back.
Well I killed the prostitute ghost without much trouble. I had to look up what you need to do to obtain the small key though, and randomly shoot at the red blob until it gave me a photo of the hanging girls., but this scissor ghost is just abysmal. After the fourth photo damage it just seems to be invincible all the time, and you aren't given enough of a window to line up a shot and wait for the glitch to happen. And I've read there's worse encounters later on! I've beaten 4 fatal frame games and this is just poo poo :(

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Skip Dread Out. It's an really unpolished and not worth the time. You'll miss a significant amount of content if you don't fully explore the town once darkness falls, for example.

I guess Alone In The Dark Illumination is out today? Seems to also be bad, but I can't comment on personal experience unlike above

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Another good candidate for that: Amnesia A Machine For Pigs

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Just played about 45 minutes of Penumbra Necrologue, a mod for Amnesia that somehow got singleplayer mod the year on moddb. Found a cassette but no player, a rope with a hook, and no exit to the area I was in with no telling where or what I was supposed to do next. Recreates the final area of Penumbra 2 (I think) pretty faithfully so I give it 2/10.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Oh thank god, Konami's doing a new Silent Hill game after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=78&v=_ht4dbyPIcM

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Phobophilia posted:

jfc gamers are awful
you know what Nietzsche said...

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i couldnt play the nostromo dlc after i beat the game, it was the worst part of the game (med bay) but the entire time instead

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I guess there was a stream leak of SOMA? Maybe? Reportedly 6 hours to 100% it

https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3lj8v6/just_watched_this_game_on_a_livestream_save_your/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282140/discussions/0/517142253866177508/

Relin fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 19, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Didn't read the OP when he started posting "plot" but given the comments section I am going to call this nonsense and trolling.

E. I have to wonder where these ideas come from, what would be the motivation to stream the game on an unknown channel without anyone knowing with a threat of a lawsuit pending? It doesn't make sense if they aren't even doing it for the views
Attention. Some guy's streaming it from the beginning, I guess the same guy as before. The CA is pretty terrible, and the options are pretty barebones as reported

Relin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 19, 2015

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

tirinal posted:

Is there seriously no thread for SOMA.
there is one, i'm the only one who posted in it

people learned a hard lesson from machine for pigs

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Blockhouse posted:

your post consisted almost entirely of a link to a rambling reddit rear end in a top hat who spells out the entire plot sans spoiler tags and goes IT'S poo poo 0/10

hard to do any kind of discussion about that
i didnt say it was a GOOD post

Anyone play the System Shock Enhanced Edition from GOG yet? I loved SS2 but the gameplay in the original made it impossible for me to get in to

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

The main character of Soma is insufferable, good Lord. He's completely tonally incongruent with the game's atmosphere.
just like the people who make big bucks streaming the game

gotta play to your audience and all that

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Dreadwroth posted:

Yeah for the most part, picking up and examining the random stuff was a novel thing in Penumbra but it felt kind of pointless to me in Soma.
I checked the back of every single picture/note and I think only one of them had something written on the back, and it wasn't important.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think they'll be able to get the rights to make a Silent Hill game, but I could see Kojima, Del Toro, and Ito all trying to band together again to make their own independent horror game.
all of these guys can command a pretty healthy salary, that and the fact that horror games are financially risky makes it unlikely that it would be indie or that a large company would provide the resources for them to develop something worthwhile

you cant just mash together talent and expect a good product either, like the recent jodorowsky's dune demonstrated.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

alone in the dark (the original). get some history

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

The Claire dev has been promising a patch for over a year (it's stickied in the steam forum), which promised to fix some problems people had with the game. I got it among some other bundle crap so I haven't felt inclined to play it due to that reason, so beware. It's probably playable but the map is really bad, going by forum posts.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

To me, none of the characters in Walking Dead season 2 were likeable, including Clementine (though I did play her as a bitch). Also it's a bit of a retread of content (the same reason I stopped watching the tv show) and the 400 days characters were poorly woven into the story.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I really hate DreadOut, and that unbeatable scissor boss

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Some real plutocracy stockholm syndrome going on in this thread

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Niggurath posted:

So who all is excited for Nightcry coming out tomorrow? I know I certainly am!
http://fuckyeah-redlettermedia.tumblr.com/post/68924157310/whaaaat

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

white day remake has been greenlit. i wonder if it will be censored (if there's anything to censor, always been meaning to play it)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665183393

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

rpgmaker.net is down, but I'm going to play Claire Monday after finals
i wouldnt, its an abandoned project that isnt worth playing in its current state

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i didn't say it wasnt finished. you can play to the end, but changes proposed two years ago never came to fruition. mainly the horrible map that makes it a chore to play. the dev also hasnt played a game on steam since january 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I didn't like how the voice of the Darkness changed from 1 to 2 even though it was the same actor