Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Niggurath posted:

Ya know, I always ranked Overblood as one of the better Resident Evil clones. It was just Barry and a baby metal gear bumbling around an Umbrella facility with poo poo moss zombies and QTE's.

I have fond memories of Overblood but it's aged about as well as the Alone in the Dark games. If you can get past that it's a pretty atmospheric adventure game.

It's a good job most people don't know that an Overblood 2 exists because phew that was a stinker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the names gonna get changed to Ad Wing for the EU release

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It had an English release but only in the EU.

Oh hey Kenji Kawai did the soundtrack for it, I didn't know he'd done any games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Forbidden Siren on PS4 is up on PSN now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

spudsbuckley posted:

Is Forbidden Siren worth getting on PS4 or has it aged badly?

I had Blood Curse for the PS3 but that was ages ago and i've heard that it's very different despite being a sort of reboot.

It had already aged badly when it was new, but it's also one of the most unique horror games ever made. Just keep a guide handy.
Blood Curse is a much more linear and straightforward game, yeah.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

iirc Prey was the game where Steam ran out of keys for it and it was before consoles got downloadable versions of everything so it's basically eBay or nothing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The release date is early next year so pretty far along.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enisidesi

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure you could do that in Way of the Samurai 3 or 4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Even if you completely change everything an established franchise with a number after it is a million times less risky than making it a new IP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dante's Inferno is half an okay game and half ran out of money/time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I didn't think that Beyond: Two Souls was that bad :kiddo:

I'm only halfway through it though so maybe it will take an Indigo Prophecy before the end

It would have been more interesting if it did

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should try TEW again at some point since I heard they patched out 'running like poo poo' eventually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The updated version of the original is just better graphics and translation as far I'm aware, if you didn't get on well with it you'd be better off waiting for the remake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stranger Things is cool but I'm seeing more Akira and John Carpenter than SH as of episode 2 at least

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally a game other than Silent Hill that caters to my locked door fetish.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Dead Space was underwhelming as gently caress especially when someone told me it was 'more like system shock than bioshock was'

At least it was a good game unlike Bioshock

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drunken Baker posted:

Just on a personal level I prefered Dead Space 1 because of how crazy and weird the bosses were. Like that giant wall of flesh in the bio-tubes and the final worm thing. Nothing came close to those in 2, although I did love the little raptor monsters.

Oh god those things, to this day one of the most nerve wracking enemies I've fought in a game.

Well, until you figure out how to manipulate their AI anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

joylessdivision posted:

I have a PS4 coming in next week. Besides Until Dawn, what other horror games should I check out.

Bloodborne

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless you want to play N64, OG Xbox and anything not Nintendo made after that generation.

Saturn emu was meh last time I checked too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one knows, so far they've only shown stuff like the demo and zero combat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's cool actually and I wish I'd heard of it when it first came out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

joylessdivision posted:

Why didn't anyone tell me Siren was available for PS4?

Seriously excited to play that now.

Take my advise use a guide at least for secondary objectives. It controlled like rear end at the time and has only gotten worse. Shame because I love the atmosphere, I just can't stand playing it anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol RE 1 might as well have objective markers and a mini-map compared to Siren.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

I haven't finished it but I remember getting stuck in what I think was a rock quarry in Siren. It's a really difficult game to navigate. Imagine having to play Silent Hill without a map but you're also stuck in the dark world permanently.

Best part is that Siren does have a map, it just doesn't show your location on it so you have to work it out yourself, which possibly makes it even more confusing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A game like Siren which was probably done on a pretty small budget would likely have used QA for bug testing purposes only, the rest can be put down to a combination of being deliberately obtuse for purposes of atmosphere and the developers not being very good.
They did learn however and Siren 2 is a lot more approachable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Looking for horror "walking simulators"

SOMA is good though there are some mild puzzles and bits where you have to avoid things.

I enjoyed the Vanishing of Ethan Carter too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really see the point in playing a horror game with no sense of danger.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kulkasha posted:

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory for PS2 is basically a 3d Ghosts and Goblins that has some genuinely creepy/scary moments, but is mostly light-hearted fun.
Jersey Devil for PS1 also comes to mind.

Maximo is also hard as gently caress so I hope the hypothetical kids have some skills.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chitoryu12 posted:

Am I the only one who liked that game? The stealth was awful and the gameplay outside that was really easy, but I honestly enjoyed it. I'm not sure why, but I felt really compelled to finish it and was disappointed when it ended so quickly.

It was okay for $20 but it would have been better as a straight adventure game the ghost stealth stuff was pretty meh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uhh, you got chased by a big spider thing? That's all I remember.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know they're both pretty meh but is either the PS3 or 360 version of the Silent Hill Collection noticeably better?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, I know it's not great in general I was wondering if it ran better on one or the other though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that figures MS was weird about patches on the 360, thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silent Hill 3 and both the Fatal Frame games, imo they're some of my favourite horror stuff of all time. FF1 is pretty unforgiving in places though and tough to play.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poorly made yes, garbage no.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, PC version still runs like poo poo, PS3 version still runs like poo poo, 360 runs okay? but is missing extras because it was first.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What is the name of that Giger-esque/bodyhorror first person game that's in development at the moment. There was a video going around a few months ago that showed off a lot of disgusting looking designs but not much actual gameplay, I remember some sort of flesh gun though?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want to play Alien Isolation for spooktober but that game stresses me out so badly I'm not sure I can, nothing else really effects me that badly, just that one game for some reason.