Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

It's not what it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mikl posted:

I'm sorry.

I'm actually not sorry at all

Before this loaded I thought it was gonna be Junon Boy painting a dickbutt.

Requesting dickbutt edit.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Too lazy to make it not stupid but here you go http://gfycat.com/SarcasticCavernousKingfisher

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't believe that still makes me laugh after all these years.

The way he falls over at the end, so proud of his masterpiece...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Naru status: still # ONE

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I read this as Bakuramon and I thought it was the story of a member of the Japanese untouchables. I'm a bit disappointed haha

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smoking Crow posted:

I read this as Bakuramon Burakumon and I thought it was the story of a member of the Japanese untouchables. I'm a bit disappointed haha

That would be pretty interesting to watch I'd admit but this show is a pretty well made SoL with an actual child VA, which does provide some difference and is one of the few shows worth watching this season.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That first frame.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Furious Lobster posted:

That would be pretty interesting to watch I'd admit but this show is a pretty well made SoL with an actual child VA, which does provide some difference and is one of the few shows worth watching this season.

I'm sorry for spelling it wrong, I've only heard it spoken as an example of a non-Hindu caste.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm sorry for spelling it wrong, I've only heard it spoken as an example of a non-Hindu caste.

Oh, it was meant as a :eng101: thing and also I had to look it up because the spelling looked a little strange. But seriously, give this show a 3 episode test unless you really dislike SoL. It's pretty fun.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Oh God Tama is a riot. I love the visual cue where her glasses glare up.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

man, lobsterkind just can't get a break

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ha ha, it's time for GIFs! :dance:

This is an extremely giffable show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The shock hitting her so hard it causes her face to ripple like she's in a wind tunnel was glorious. The animators clearly love doing this show.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Naru is growing up so fast. :3:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That would make a great avatar.

Which uh, is why it's my current avatar.

This show is great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I would go as far to say that this is the best show this season by a pretty large margin.

rvm
May 6, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

This show is great.

Does everything appear beautiful to you now?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I think I would go as far to say that this is the best show this season by a pretty large margin.

There's actually a lot of great shows this season, which comes as a bit of a shock since I didn't think I'd pick up half the shows I did.
As much as I love AgK, Sabagebu is one of my top picks for AOTS but Barakamon and Nozaki-kun are both great fun to watch. I unironically like Mondays right now :allears:

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
The opening scene with Naru is just too much. Naru #1!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes, Naru is the best character! So manly!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Does anyone else get a chill in the opening to the OP where Naru opens the door with a frozen stare? It's just such a weird blend of creepy and cute, like she's just thinking "I'm going to have fun in here, and there's nothing you can do about it!"

Seriously, look at that expression. That's the face of one who knows no boundaries in playtime fun.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 22, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

PLAYTIME NOW! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Naru is an Eldritch Fun Monster in child form.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

This show is great.

The text should have been, "Junon Man."

I can't believe how big a step up episode 3 is from the already great first 2 episodes.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

This show has been great.

Also, the many moods of Hina:

Nervous:

Happy:

Scared:

Overjoyed:

:roflolmao:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He made another friend! :neckbeard:

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I LOVE this show. Episode 4 was another corker, and if it carries on at this rate, it might end up being an all time favourite.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Sounds like ALL the kids are voiced by actual kids. It's pretty great :3:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's so great that I'm actually not happy that the stories keep focusing on Junon Boy and the adults. I really don't care about your calligraphy dude, just be the uptight foil for the kids already.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Sounds like ALL the kids are voiced by actual kids. It's pretty great :3:
I'm pretty sure you're right. Naru and Hina are definitely voiced by child actors:

with Ono Daisuke in the middle.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Was I just imagining the little Kamen Rider reference when the kids were running around playing?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

glomkettle posted:

Was I just imagining the little Kamen Rider reference when the kids were running around playing?

I'm fairly certain they were references.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The phone scene had me rolling on the floor.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So how old is the protagonist supposed to be? We had a rotary dial telephone somewhere around 90-95. I can't imagine the protagonist being completely clueless about such a telephone even if he hasn't used one before, I mean they're fairly intuitive! (drat turning that thing was so.. satisfying).

Whatever, it did make a good joke.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 31, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dessel posted:

So how old is the protagonist supposed to be? We had a rotary dial telephone somewhere around 90-95. I can't imagine the protagonist being completely clueless about such a telephone even if he hasn't used one before, I mean they're fairly intuitive! (drat turning that thing was so.. satisfying).

Whatever, it did make a good joke.

Mid-twenties iirc, but even in the 90s the only place I saw rotary phones was in very old phone booths and I think my Grandma had one. The same sort as in the episode, big, black and heavy. You could probably have used the thing as a weapon, hell, you could probably have knocked someone out with just the receiver.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
They've got little keychain character adventures/ads for each episode! Is this a common thing in anime?

e:chibis, that's what they're called. But my question is about the little mini skit ad things.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Mid-twenties iirc, but even in the 90s the only place I saw rotary phones was in very old phone booths and I think my Grandma had one. The same sort as in the episode, big, black and heavy. You could probably have used the thing as a weapon, hell, you could probably have knocked someone out with just the receiver.

I'm in my late 20s and I just barely remember having a rotary phone at home when I was four or five. Thing is, I live in a small town, so it's not hard to imagine that someone even in their mid 30s and who has lived in The Big City all their life has never seen a rotary phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mikl posted:

I'm in my late 20s and I just barely remember having a rotary phone at home when I was four or five. Thing is, I live in a small town, so it's not hard to imagine that someone even in their mid 30s and who has lived in The Big City all their life has never seen a rotary phone.

I'm in my late 20s, and I have never seen a rotary phone in my life (other than movies and stuff).

• Locked thread