Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

IIRC all the child characters have child VAs in this.

Anyway, the first episode was delightful and I rather like the protagonist. He has an actual personality and isn't bland at all. It was great seeing him writing that giant "FUN" character while laughing like a madman. :haw:

His dad is right though, he really needs to deal with his anger issues.
I think that's what makes him truly interesting, though. He has actual, somewhat realistic anger issues, rather than "anger issues" distilled down in the most over the top and anime way possible, which is pretty common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Roflfox posted:

Holy gently caress this is going to be the most heartwarming thing since Usagi Drop isn't it? I couldn't help myself, I made a thing:

For me the most diabetes inducing bit of animation is when Naru tries to remember/guess Handa's name.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Rexides posted:

I found that the physical comedy bits to be at odds with the tone of the rest of the show, but hopefully it will tone down as the protagonist is getting used to his new neighbors.
Very minor spoiler, but if the manga is any indication It dies down very quickly in the manga, there's a lot more focus on day to day life with the Villagers

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

Yeah, the Manga gives that scene a bit more time; The reason he's trying to take it back from her before she goes off to her grandmother is because he effectively doesn't want to get snitched on for tricking Naru

• Locked thread