Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
IIRC all the child characters have child VAs in this.

Anyway, the first episode was delightful and I rather like the protagonist. He has an actual personality and isn't bland at all. It was great seeing him writing that giant "FUN" character while laughing like a madman. :haw:

His dad is right though, he really needs to deal with his anger issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kibibit posted:

I think that's what makes him truly interesting, though. He has actual, somewhat realistic anger issues, rather than "anger issues" distilled down in the most over the top and anime way possible, which is pretty common.

I'm not saying that his anger issues are a bad thing from a character construction standpoint, I agree that it's part of what makes him interesting. I'm just saying that you can't make your way through life punching 60 year old art critics because they were rude and insulting to your work, or for that matter chucking little kids into the ocean because they said something rude.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Dessel posted:

So how old is the protagonist supposed to be? We had a rotary dial telephone somewhere around 90-95. I can't imagine the protagonist being completely clueless about such a telephone even if he hasn't used one before, I mean they're fairly intuitive! (drat turning that thing was so.. satisfying).

Whatever, it did make a good joke.

Mid-twenties iirc, but even in the 90s the only place I saw rotary phones was in very old phone booths and I think my Grandma had one. The same sort as in the episode, big, black and heavy. You could probably have used the thing as a weapon, hell, you could probably have knocked someone out with just the receiver.

• Locked thread