Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Nondevor posted:

The opening and ending songs own by the way.

Something about the opening reminds me of the song from 5 cm per Second. The ending doesn't remind me of anything but it's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Was I just imagining the little Kamen Rider reference when the kids were running around playing?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

So is there just not an episode this week? Or did I somehow mix up the day it airs on. I finally got around to watching last week's episode and it was just the sweetest thing. I really do love this show. :kimchi:

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Zettace posted:

This and a couple other shows are delayed a week due to a all day television special of some show.

:smith:

Well at least it isn't suddenly over like I'd managed to half-convince myself while frantically searching for why I couldn't see this week's episode after catching up on the last one.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Rexides posted:

That "Star" calligraphy still confuses me. Is the character done entirely by panting the background around it black, or did Handa paint the entire canvas black and then drew the character on it with white paint?

The former, I'm pretty sure. He was nervous about whether it was "proper calligraphy" or not because he never actually drew the character.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

genki posted:

No, I'm guessing the latter. He painted a black background, then painted the white character on top. There's no other way to explain the white splatters.
Also, he was nervous about whether it was proper calligraphy because he felt it came from his environment, not from his ability. So 'he never drew the character' in the sense that anyone who had gone through what he had would have drawn the same thing (at least in his head).

Yeah going back and looking at it you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Dervyn posted:

Barakamon is my favourite anime this summer and definitely hope for a second season.

Going by MyAnimelist the children are 9 - 10 years old. When do children voice change again?

Anywhere between like 12 and 15 I think, though obviously there are exceptions.

• Locked thread