Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Annointed posted:

But you see, a Chuuni sounds endearingly annoying like the kid who believes he's the Chapter Master of the Blood Ravens. While a tumblrite sounds like a person who has no idea what politics and common sense are.
That actually fits under the definition of Chunnibyou as well, at least when it was initially used. Although the Chuuni show seemed to popularize this specific interpretation, it covered all manners of "kids being dumb kids."

So yeah, tumblrite works perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Man, I'd be worried that this meant the manga was getting cancelled soon but apparently we're stupidly behind on scans so this can only go uphill.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Also an anime just got greenlit, so, you know
Oh right yeah, the thing that's been talked about over the last few pages. WEll moving on my from my failure

cyrus_zane posted:

Even the principal was surprised! Akane in that last frame must represent all the readers.
Honestly, having a character act as another reader for that moment was brilliant. Perfectly in character and it literally gave you someone else to cheer with because seriously how many people read manga with another person over their shoulder hoping for a great moment that's kind of weird.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

Whatd'you think the purpose of this thread is?
I mean yeah it does that but you guys aren't right there the second you see it. I'm just looking at it as a good tool for making that moment exactly simultaneous, like it would be if you were watching it with something else.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Desuwa posted:

There are studies showing that, when reading a story that you've had spoiled you pay more attention to t and tend to get more enjoyment out of it, so it's not an unreasonable position to take.
This. I'm also one of those people who doesn't care (and almost prefers) if someone spoils me,, but I also find it kind of obvious that people shouldn't enforce their way of enjoying things on other people. No matter what, spoiling someone is a one way road, so it seems trivial to try not to do it.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Wait maybe there's hope, the original chapters of the manga also look deceptively generic
Yeah see, generic means a lot of things. At first, the comic seemed generic in plot, but it was obvious the art style was fun and different. The art from this doesn't even have that.

On a scale, the problem isn't that it looks generic, it's that it looks genericer.

EDIT: I suppose a better way to describe this art is that it's soulless. At the very least, it's lacking any of the sole of the original.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 21, 2015

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Mmmm, no. I don't consider a love triangle to be a harem. He already rejected Mikan, she's just not taking it well. Don't need to be a poo poo, Rodyle.

Captain Invictus posted:

Cool. I'm not going to keep fighting this fight. I don't consider it a harem, you do. Keep on truckin'.
Just bow out man, it's cool, we're all here with you loving this manga.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'm glad I'm not fighting a one-man battle against the rampant Centaur racism that seems to be accepted on these boards.

I don't even like Cerea that much.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

That was adorable.

I look forward to them being trolled so much that they never get a cute personal moment like this ever again.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

This was one of the best gags in the entire series yes
How the hell do you even come up with this. The mangaka is a literal genius.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I love this manga for having come up with a completely nonsensical yet hilarious mythology based around perverts and glasses gods.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The really surprising thing is how even though proofreading is the easiest scanlation job, so many people do it so very terribly.
I don't quite know how to respond to this comment considering that a massive disrespect for QC leads to a lot of real world problems.

EDIT: Probably should've reread since your main experience is in the job so it's a peer to peer thing.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jan 22, 2016

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Kuromine is about to enter Emiya Shirou mode, it seems.

I appreciate just going with superhero and not ally of justice (I assume that was the original wording).

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

KoB posted:

Uh, he probably didnt refer to the mermaid by name because he doesnt know it.

Whereas he knows Youkos name. Thats a dumb (and cute) test.
Hush you.

Also man I am becoming intimately familiar with the first page of Chapter 132.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#7f75ba7ee906ffbc

Hold on to your hearts and butts.
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

As a Minnesotan I am all for this representation as I love the succubus, even though I've very rarely heard people who actually have a really distinct Minnesotan accent.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

She doesn't seem to be particularly happy in the future.

"No comment."
He obviously hosed up there. Just you watch, trying to preemptively break Shima and Shiho up is gonna cause Shima to become a decent human being. It'll be the greatest character development story telling has ever known.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'm so happy right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

I was crying during the mass "The truth is" scene.

Then I hit the last page and I started laughing.
It's actually amazing how committed this manga is to being a comedy. Every single time you think it's going for pure drama...

• Locked thread