Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think that a part of what makes Truthism work is that it's slice-of-life as opposed to a battle manga. I also dig the art style. Can't explain why, just do.

Also, I haven't read Rosario, but wasn't it filled with a bunch of fan service?

The greatest disappointment I experienced today was finding out that Korea doesn't have official translations for this series yet. I can only hope for it to get made into an anime, because pretty much anything that gets an anime adaptation gets brought over. And also because this series is loving amazing and deserves an adaptation.

EDIT: I think one reason Truthism doesn't fall into the cliche that other harems (supernatural or otherwise) fall into is that the heroines don't revolve around Asahi. I mean, sure, some of them are crushing on him, but they've got their own interactions with other characters, especially Aizawa.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's weird looking back on the first chapter and remembering that somehow, before she met Asahi, Shiragami was the cool and quiet kind. Her dream of being a cool beauty is getting further and further away from her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

Yo dude seriously what is up with that. I was really upset when I found that out too. Hell I don't even know what people in Korea call it because of the actual title being "The Truth Is, I Am" is a nightmare to search through in Korean.

And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Jesus Christ, this so much. Was trying so many variations at Kyobo.

"사실은..."
"실제로..."
"나는..."
"정말로..."
"진짜로..."

Also tried "마스다 에이지" and "마수다 에이지" for the author, still couldn't come up with it. The only thing I managed to find was one thing on Naver with the first version of the name, and that result called it "실은 나는". And that was only because I'd gotten a hit for an auto-translated version of 2chan for some reason.

This is literally the only Korean site I can find with a mention of the series. Searches for "실은 나는 만화" don't show up anything else related, and "마스다 에이지 만화" or "마수다 에이지 만화" only show up manga by people whose names contain Masuda OR Eiji, never both. Tragic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

Holy gently caress I totally understand your pain. And holy crap that page is the only one I found as well. Like it seems unreal that I can't find any other Korean sites with the mention of the manga but it seems so. Hell http://mirror.enha.kr/wiki/FrontPage generally is good for stuff like this and it's drawing a blank.

It this bloody manga unknown in Korea at all? Like I'm pretty sure there are people scanning and translating this, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't but it seems that way.

It's loving depressing.

I dunno if Korea has that big of a scanlation scene. The only scanlations I found back when I read manga in Korean were scans of raw Korean manhwa, scans of official Korean translations (which is why most Korean scans are the 2-page types) and scans of the popular stuff like Bleach or HxH (back in the Chimera Ant arc, Furuba, etc.). And you got those from mIRC or Pruna (is that thing even still around?). I'm not even sure if Korea has manga readers like Batoto or Mangafox or Mangareader or what have you.

At least Kyobo has the original Japanese raws for Truthism, but I can't read Japanese so there's no point. Also I'd have to wait like a week to get them shipped. At least I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. Seriously tempted to buy the raw of the last volume of Scumbag Loser cause I'm really curious to see how the story goes but the scans come out so infrequently.

.Clash posted:

I am super glad the latest chapter is trying to make newspaper girl better. Because I've found her super annoying so far. Especially with the amount of time spent on her that could have been used on far more interesting characters.

I dunno, I like the Mikan-centric chapters cause most of them deal with her getting knocked out of her comfort zone. Also she brought the Chou a la Creme to this manga, and I can overlook a lot of things cause of that.

Also.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These girls continue to be impossibly cute and dumb.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat we are in the middle of Truthism fiesta, what with chapters coming out so frequently. It's awesome but also sad cause we're gonna end up catching up with the latest releases and then will have to wait for weekly releases.

Aizawa is a loving beast when it comes to making cake. Also this is probably one of the few mangas that can get away with reusing pages because it's so goddamn hilarious.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, this. I got that the Principal directed an asteroid to Earth, and that she was stopped somehow, but the exact how of it, I don't know. All I know is that it's late, and I have been struggling mightily not to wake the house with my laughter. That being said, what did Aizawa's mom tell her...?

My first guess was that it'll be something referred to in the coming chapters, given the utter lack of context. Like, her mom's coming to visit or whatever.

Upon rereading, my second guess is that the comet a) is gonna hit Aizawa's planet on the way to hitting Earth or b) is Aizawa's planet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't the teacher telling them that anyways though?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chapter 52

This manga just keeps getting better. The future is amazing. I would totally pay $570 a month to be able to live in a dragon/time machine.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I think at least one of Kuromine's bros is not dumb.

He's only cute.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I enjoy that two of the bats had their swords slung over their shoulders, while the other two carried their swords in their mouths.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh God. This is getting an anime.

The chances of this series getting official Korean translations has skyrocketed. gently caress yeah I may be actually able to own the books.

Korean scans are only up to Chapter 9, so official translations may actually be faster at this point.

I seriously hope it finds a great studio like Nozaki did.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I believe it's capable of changing shape.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-004-Ch-040--Let-s-investigate-the-Seven-Mysteries-?id=208710

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even Shiho is amazed at that level of perversion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spoilers aren't a big deal, and they're certainly not a one-way road.

Not when you have the patented Memory Modification Device!

Buy one today and we'll throw in a free Sleep Inducer at no extra cost! No more reliance on sleeping pills! This baby's got you covered!

WARNING: Please do not use the Memory Modification Device and the Sleep Inducer on yourself at the same time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Also, bibimbap owns so hard. I want some now.

I've never cared for bibimbap. Or bokeumbap either, for that matter. At least not Korean bokeumbap. I love Chinese fried rice.

I don't get why people like bibimbap so much.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

First of all, i'll admit I have no idea how authentic the korean restaurant I go to is. When I was in Korea I must have been 10 and I remember very little of that time.
A friend of mine whose husband was stationed in Korea, so she lived there for years, loves and recommends that restaurant but that's all I know. So what I have could be americanized very much. :911:

For me its the flavor combination of the bulgogi and the vegetables. When I get a regular bulgogi plate it's not the same so I don't ask questions and just order the bowl.

Nah, the place you go is probably authentic. I've just never liked bulgogi in particular. I'm told it has the same seasoning as galbi but whereas I love galbi, I don't particularly like bulgogi. Also don't care for ground meat. I like my meat in chunks, not small bits.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to hope that they do a sorta fake out thing and reveal something similar to the current art style, or that they evolve it sorta like how the author evolved the manga's art style.

Gonna at least give it a few episodes and hope for the best. Then whine and cry when they keep that lovely art.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm just really amused by the fact that Rin is hanging out with her grandmother and playing the role of a guardian to her great-uncle.

There's something hilariously adorable about that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really like Asahi's small monologue about how hard it was to reject Mikan and knowing the pain of being rejected himself, but still believing that he should hear Aizawa out cause he realizes she's in love with him and that she deserves the chance to confess and move on with her life. Most harem protagonists wouldn't do any of that either due to denseness, unwillingness to hurt the girl's feelings, or the writer's inability to do anything meaningful (which leads to the former 2 options). Asahi is a really great harem protagonist. Perhaps the only great one.

Please be happy Aizawa.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is haram like the opposite of halal?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I remember like 1 other harem manga that I liked reading for awhile. Umi no Misaki or whatever. At some point I just stopped reading and then got too lazy to figure out where I left off but apparently poo poo got sorta dark before concluding with a harem ending?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Korean fan translations have finally caught up and overtaken the English translations, and what I'm surprised more than anything is how often people compare this series to Nisekoi in the comments section.

Namely, Koreans seems to consider Nisekoi to be cancer-inducing. Meanwhile, Truthism is the cure to the cancer that is Nisekoi.

I honestly don't know that much about Nisekoi - I read a few chapters a long time ago before getting tired of it, and now I can't tell the difference between Nisekoi and Nyan Koi besides the fact that one is about gangs and the other is about cats. I was under the impression that the Shaft animation was sorta well-received by goons, though.

Is Nisekoi really that bad?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, okay. So it's just generic harem story that happens to be the most popular at the moment, which makes it a convenient target for people who dislike the cliches of harem manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans have hit up to Chapter 100 so far, and I've found raws for up to 119.

Korean scans are coming out everyday at 7 am. I dunno how they do it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey, not Truthism related but the first chapter of "How to make an invisible man" by the author has been translated and can be seen here.

It's nothing like Truthism, and there's very little in terms of comedy. It looks like horror at a glance, but I'd personally classify it as a thriller / drama, as its focus isn't on the supernatural. Most of the goofy expressions that show up in Truthism don't really appear here, but the terrifying expressions often seen on Akane's face make a return and for once they're appropriate.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Asahi's sis and dad make an appearance! :haw:

I loving love those shots of people looking all horrified at the most outlandish of things.

Those empty eyes, the expression of sheer terror in their faces as they desperately try to comprehend just what the gently caress is happening... so majestic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a new chapter out.

It's 40 chapters ahead of the currently translated chapters. Great.

So the most recent chapter?

Been keepin' up with Korean scans so it gets hard to remember where the English scans are at.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Don't need details, but were you spoilered? Or was it a one-off chapter like this last one?

Checked a site to see which chapter it was, and it's very spoilery.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

So did she make the hamburger stake or not?

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

Youko's cooking strategy: Don't think. FEEL.

A cool beauty should be doing things naturally and with confidence instead of letting her brain do any work, anyways.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Why must Karen exist only to suffer

That's part of her charm.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommissarMega posted:

SHIMAAADAAA :allears:

Also:

That's from the artist's first manga or something, right? Horror authors really make the best comedies.

Yeah, but Invisible Man is less horror or thriller but more of an introspective dramatic riddle.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

For once it doesn't have anything to do with Karen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Truly the most evil character in this manga.

Oh, right.

Truly the root of all evil.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Figured it was about time I registered an account to say hello.

Hi folks! I'm the Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa scanlation project leader. Nice to meet you folks and glad you're enjoying the manga.

Yeah, I just uploaded 105 about an hour ago. We're aiming to release a chapter around this time every week as you've seen. If you folks have any questions, let me know.

Thanks for reading.

You are doing a wonderful service.

God bless good sir.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I am already liking little sister Kuromine a lot as the straight man in this whole thing.

The Kuromines are serious straightmen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Characters I want to see Shoujo-fied by Yuka falling in love with them:

All the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022