Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Looks interesting, I'll have to check this one out later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The point is that other harems at least keep their gimmicks. I don't recall the "MC always tells the truth" thing coming up past the first ~5 chapters.
I'm still enjoying the hell out of this manga, but it's really forgotten about a pretty big character trait for the MC.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yeah, you're right. I am going to blame my not picking up on that on having just woken up. I suppose the "distortion of history" means she's going to be there to make sure that the future where she exists happens by getting Kuromine to hook up with a specific person. Poor Aizawa is going to have one more obstacle :(.

It sounds a lot like Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata, where a guy from the future is trying to ensure the MC gets with a particular girl because if he has kids with anyone else, a death virus will wipe out most of mankind. Maybe instead of a death virus, Kuromine infects the world with goofy smiles. :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

WHAT IF SHE'S HER OWN MOTHER DUN DUN DUNNN

But yeah, this is quickly becoming the Best Manga™, and I want to know where I can donate to make scanlations come out faster.

Time travel loop where Rin is her own grandmother :aaaaa:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 29, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

GoatLord posted:

It just dawned on me that this means Youko could be in for a growth spurt, too.

Two words; Snoo snoo

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

And are you honestly expecting any character in this series to not be dumb?

No exceptions for newcomers :colbert:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I can't wait for the Truthism/Hatoful Boyfriend crossover

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

To think you guys had any doubt that the new girl wouldn't be cute and dumb, you should know the series better than this by now.

JosephWongKS posted:

If this series ever gets made into an anime, I fervently hope that Norio Wakamoto voices the God(s) of Fortune.
Also this.
Now that I think about it, I don't recall Wakamoto doing anything since the talking vaccum cleaner in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 16, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I also think that, whoever gets cast when this gets turned into an anime has their work cut out for them as long as they can both do “cute and dumb” appropriately. Kana Asumi (who incidentally plays Nyaruko-san) would be great as either the Shiragami mom or daughter.
Kana Asumi has already proven to do a good job of playing Kansai characters with her performance as Marika in Nisekoi, too. I'd be totally down for that, she'd b a pretty good fit for Shiragami.

I didn't even notice Wakamoto in Nozaki-kun :negative:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Cheers, this AV was a real pain to compress down to a filesize big enough to be used, without dropping the quality/framerate to absurdly low levels.

Kana Asumi is the best. Her over-excited delivery is great and she can pull off pretty much any of the female cast in this manga. She'd actually make a pretty good Akari, now that I think about it.
HanaKana sticks to the same old timid "doushio~" characters and I find her almost as one-dimensional as TsundeRie Kugimiya when it comes to her VA roles. I couldn't imagine them as any of the main cast. Ueda on the other hand, would do a nice job as Mikan, Shiho or maybe Aizawa.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Or she's fallen for some extraordinarily petty reason.
Chuunibyou.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That's surprisingly likely given the context of this series, but I think with her little moment about pretending to be a devil, she's a hardcore chuuni

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Good to see that Wark and my discussion on VAs for this series isn't in vain.
Please for the love of anime, have Kana Asumi voicing someone. She'd be a great choice for about half the cast.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Terper posted:

I can't recall any joke that was about a character misunderstanding another's secret, particularly not in any blatant or unbelievable way. I guess Mikan eating Shiragami's food??

I read that as

quote:

I stopped reading when I was completely wrong about how much this manga owns, and even the occasionally-repetitive Akari jokes are fantastic
I didn't think it was possible for someone to be that wrong about Jitsuwata, but I often forget about the (lack of) quality posting on news sites.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That was about 20 chapters ago, at the festival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm really disappointed that Kana Asumi isn't voicing anyone so far, I thought she'd be a great fit for like half the characters.
Also:

dublish posted:

That is not the sexy pose we have come to know and love.

• Locked thread