Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm at level 50 right now and I don't even have Robot girl or Seven and I just went into the high tomb.

how high do the levels get is this like disgaea where you can breach 200's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i played this until the game was incredibly easy because i was doing sidequests so i quit

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
don't do it you will regret this

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

is this ur first time playing it? because please don't
or at least only do the time-limited quests and save the rest for postgame, i found that alright

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Courage, brother

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
100% the game and never touch it again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone tell me a way to grind affinity to heart level because the internet can't make up it's mind. I'm at the snow area before sword valley.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

gifts, battling together (chain attacks, helping them up, smth else I don't remember), and accepting quests with the right person in tow
also the right choice in heart to hearts
I don't remember which one is the best exactly but I'm betting gifts.
but rly I wouldn't worry about it because if you wanna craft gems later it's best to have some at low affinity

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ICE CABBAGES!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This thread name is my trigger

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Taint Reaper posted:

Someone tell me a way to grind affinity to heart level because the internet can't make up it's mind. I'm at the snow area before sword valley.

attack something you're always going to miss but can tank the damage

I think there are some mobs in the eryth sea where i did that and spammed b for the affinity friendship actions

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
op, why do you hate yourself

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Silly Voodoo posted:

op, why do you hate yourself

hes a gamer playing a wii jrpg i mean come on what is there to not hate about oneself

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ice area looks like a piece of poo poo, between that and prison island they're gunning for worst looking RPG area ever, hell Skies of Arcadia looked better texturewise than those two levels and that was a Dreamcast RPG.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

hubris.height posted:

hes a gamer playing a wii jrpg i mean come on what is there to not hate about oneself

whoah man Xenoblade is a p. good game and

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

How badly overleveled would someone be if they did 100% of side quests? I stopped doing them like halfway through the game and was barely back down to the expected level when I hit the endgame.

Dec 26, 2012

Vhadka posted:

How badly overleveled would someone be if they did 100% of side quests? I stopped doing them like halfway through the game and was barely back down to the expected level when I hit the endgame.

wildly overleveled. i did about 1/2 to 3/4 of them as i went with less over time and i was outpacing the curve harshly

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

01011001 posted:

wildly overleveled. i did about 1/2 to 3/4 of them as i went with less over time and i was outpacing the curve harshly

I did like every quest as soon as I could and made it like half the way through the game before I got so burnt out on it I just put it away and haven't touched it since.

Dec 26, 2012

you will lose almost nothing by not doing them. maybe look up the ones that give you extra skill trees but those arent that necessary

Dec 26, 2012

though that no-gems skill melia gets off of one of hers was pretty great while attempting the naked dunban gambit

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Axel Serenity posted:

whoah man Xenoblade is a p. good game and

Yes it is.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

01011001 posted:

naked dunban gambit

the best way to play imho

Dec 26, 2012

Poniard posted:

the best way to play imho

its pretty great having him pop into view during melodramatic jrpg cutscenes, this guy wearing nothing but swim trunks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
so I'm about 80% done with everything gotta enter sword valley and make sure I collect all the collectables because it's a one time only place.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

The Taint Reaper posted:

so I'm about 80% done with everything gotta enter sword valley and make sure I collect all the collectables because it's a one time only place.

dont forget about ther fmnt thingy in the onnpl

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I just started playing this for the first time and it's really weird to use the dpad on the wiimote to pick skills

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I just started playing this for the first time and it's really weird to use the dpad on the wiimote to pick skills

bro u should use the classical controller

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

George posted:

bro u should use the classical controller

I don't have one and I looked and they seem to be impossible to find now in my area.

The Wii U should just let you use the pro controller as a classic controller in Wii mode but noooo that would make sense.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The Wii U should just let you use the pro controller as a classic controller in Wii mode but noooo that would make sense.

yeah this is something i hope they add idk it seems like an update to wii firmware could make it work

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Is this game meant to feel like an MMO but kinda not?

I mean it's fun so far but exploring and the quests and stuff feel more like an MMO than other games I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Is this game meant to feel like an MMO but kinda not?

I mean it's fun so far but exploring and the quests and stuff feel more like an MMO than other games I've played.

It does play like an MMO in that aspect and some areas are just plain huge. Equip Quickstep gems to make you walk faster if you're dead set on finding all the secret areas.

For the item collecting easiest way is to save when the item orbs spawn and then save and reload and they should spawn after a minute or so. And yes some collection quests are plain annoying. People will say you don't need to do them, but why put things in a game if people are not meant to do them?

• Locked thread